15

𝖈𝖚𝖗𝖗𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖑𝖞 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖙𝖔: 𝖑𝖎𝖕𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖈𝖐 - 𝖓𝖈𝖙 127

kun made his way back to the castle, making sure to keep low as there was still light.

he was dreading seeing chenle in a bad state; he was like the son he never had.

climbing back over the wall, he approached the vines, and began to slowly but surely ascend to the bedroom window.

he swore to not look down, and it felt like an eternity before he got up to the windowsill.

he questioned how chenle was able to do this every day, appreciating him just a little bit more.

he finally was sat on the ledge, and peered through the crack in the curtains.

he was saddened to see his 'son' curled up in a ball, facing away from him, with tissues piled up at the end of the bed.

he had been crying a lot.

not wasting any time, kun slid the window open, and climbed into the bedroom.

he was in awe at the size of the room and how fancy it looked, but he turned all his attention towards the broken boy infront of him.

"chenle?"

"kun."

the prince did not turn over.

"hey, i know you're upset at the mome-"

"why are you here?"

chenle had never cut him off like that before. it highlighted how broken he really was.

"it's about jisung."

"don't... say that name."

kun could hear both the anger and hopelessness in his voice, so he ripped the band aid off at fast as possible.

"it's not him. he wasn't spying on us. it was someone else."

"...what?"

hope. there was hope in his voice.

"how do you know?"

"the description your brother gave? it included that his hands were out, holding the scope. jisung has never taken his hands out before. the darkness under that cloak has never disappeared."

he knew it had, jisung had confirmed that. but he didn't want other questions to enter chenle's mind.

"...r-really?", chenle turned over, his red eyes wide. he was waiting for some sort of confirmation.

it looked like he was going to cry again, but out of happiness this time.

"yes, really. i tried to tell you but you ran out of the shop crying before i could get any words out."

"oh my god."

after a few moments, the younger scrambled towards kun, and threw himself into his arms.

"thank you so much, thank you", chenle whispered, holding onto his saviour tighter.

kun smiled and separated from the other, "no problem. i knew this would be another situation where you wouldn't think about all the good things?"

"yeah, i guess that was kinda stupid. i can't help it when my mind is muddled, though"

"you really can't. and wow, you recovered fast."

chenle giggled, "any hope that jisung really does like me will make me happy."

kun took a mental note of this.