ch10 Protection

-Lola's pov:-

I was trying so hard to keep order with everyone and keep them calm.

But it was hard. Very hard. I mean we have just witnessed a murder so it can't be easy for them, neither for me dont get me wrong.

It's just that I never really knew how to express my feelings.

We waited for what seemed like an hour and were making our way back to the camp.

I knew it was a dumb idea but we might as well try right? If we stay in one place he'll find us sooner or later anyways.

I saw our camp sight in the distance. I hoped so bad we weren't going to be having someone over. But I could feel it, we weren't alone.

"Hold on." Said Jasper stopping everyone from walking. "Are we sure we want to do this? It's dangerous, very dangerous, isn't it better to just hide until the sun will rise?"

"I'm certain." I replied.

"We'll have to. That psycho has the upper hand, he knows every move we make. If we don't get out of here he'll make an end to all of us." Reacted Millie.

So he finally came back to senses.

"Alright. Than what are we waiting for?" Jasper asked.

"You?" Responded Adrien boldly.

"Oh, sorry. We can go now, sorry for stalling."

Nobody of us dared to go up front so I guess I volunteered to do so.

I didn't see anyone yet, so that was a good thing.

I saw our tent door closed. Which was odd.

"Did any of you close the tent before we left?" I asked.

Everybody seemed to agree that they had not.

Shit.

Somebody might be in there and we can't even know. Unless we silently try to use the window.

"Stay here. I'll give you guys a sign if it's clear." I whispered as I went off to inspect the tent.

It was silent, too silent.

I put the cover on the window a bit aside as I peeked inside of the tent.

As far as I was concerned it was all good.

I closed the window and wanted to gesture to the rest until I heard bushes rustling. If somebody was there which I was convincing myself not it sounded like it was running off and not coming closer so I think we're good.

I called the others and waited for them to come.

Once they arrived I zipped open the tent.

Adrien looked really unstable. And I don't blame him, I hope nobody does.

"Warren? You went out with James last night. Where did he put Adrien's keys after closing the car." I asked.

"In his left pocket, I'm one hundred percent sure." He replied.

I kneeled down and put my hand in the left pocket but it was empty.

"Nothing. Warren think. Where did he put them?!"

"In his left pocket I'm certain about this, if it's not there somebody must've taken it."

"I've told everyone here that psycho has the upper hand. He knows what we're capable of and takes advantage of it." Put Millie forth.

I sighed as I stepped away from the body.

"He's right. The killer must've thought this whole thing through." Said Jasper.