ch8 Separation

-Tom's pov:-

Honestly I was so tired. But I just couldn't seem to get myself to sleep.

I heard Walter rolling over and over so I guess he must be having the same issues as I'm having right now.

I layed at the door side of the tent so I could quickly get out which was nice.

I finally found a comfy position. I felt it, I could fall asleep like this.

Until I heard footsteps. Who the fuck would be out so late?

Wait, maybe James and Warren finally came back?

No, no that can't be them. They've came back before.

Who?

It kept me paranoid. I sat up in my bed and tried to peek through the holes of the unopened windows.

It sure looked like somebody was standing infront of the tent of the others but on the other hand it didn't.

No, no it can't be. Did it just move?

I heard a horribly loud bang. Louder than loud. Impossible to not hear.

That was the final drip for me. I looked around seeing everyone sitting right up. Apparently the bang had awoken everyone.

I heard yelling and crying come from the other tent.

No, no, no, no!

This was it's final.

I put on my shoes and unzipped the tent. I walked outside and saw the figure holding a gun and a big piece of glass.

It was at that moment I had put the pieces together in my head.

He- he...

I struggled so much to say it.

He shot somebody in that tent.

It all happened in such a flash I didn't know what to do. I told everyone in the tent to put on their shoes and run before I clenched my fist and took the biggest risk of my life.

-Adrien's pov:-

James had finally arrived back and it felt so, so relieving.

I wouldn't have fallen asleep until the moment he would've arrived, I couldn't get that over my heart. I didn't even change, and to be honest
I didn't care. It was comfortable.

I sat up in my bed to look around in the tent.

It seemed like everyone was asleep which is a good thing.

Footsteps.

I heard footsteps, it startled me. Who'd be out so late?

I kept bugging me so a little while later I put my shoes on attempting to go outside.

I saw Millie tying her shoelaces as well.

"What are you doing?" I whispered.

"If you think I'm going to let you wander outside alone you're wrong."

Man what did I do to deserve these friends?

I stood up. Right when that happened a gunshot was heard very, very close.

It scared me to death.

"What the fuck was that?" Yelled Millie.

I heard the zipper of the other tent open.

They must've heard it too, I mean you couldn't have not heard it.

Lola, Jasper and Warren had been awoken by the sound of the gun too.