ch13 Redemption

Walter's pov:-

Our moments of silence was broken by a fired gunshot coming from far away in the woods.

"What was that?!" Asked Esper.

"A gunshot." Silas replied cold.

"Does that mean he's back?" Elijah asked already starting to panic.

"I don't think so, the gunshot came from far, far away. I think we're good for now. We'll need to get on the move though. The earlier we reach that car the higher our chances are of surviving." Silas replied.

I see we have a new leader. Didn't approve of it but whatever.

I knew the chances would lessen significantly due to the lack of vision. It would be so much better to hide and wait for the sun to appear.

With this leader we might as well all give up right now.

"How the hell do you think you'll find those cars without sunlight?" I asked.

Everyone seemed shocked I had just said a sentence.

"Well do you have a better idea?" Asked Silas bossy.

"What happens if I do?" I asked before answering.

"Might as well do your own thing while we do mine."

"In that case, no, I do not have a better plan than death."

"That's what I thought."

Little did they know I knew something they didn't.

I had a prefect view of a murderer sledging closer step by step.

"Wait, Silas!" I spoke to him.

"What?" He asked super bolt.

"May I see those keys? I know which ones from which car."

I asked it to get a hold of those keys before he'd die.

He gave the keys to me with a unsurprisingly big sigh.

I pretended to be inspecting the keys even though I had never seen either Adrien's or James's keys.

I looked up to Silas and noticed that the killer had moved so much towards us.

"Silas watch out behind you!" I yelled stepping aside knowing I had just made that murder go after Silas.

I got surprised as he slashed towards the other three though, I wasn't expecting that at all.

It caught me off guard but I managed to keep my head at the game.

It specifically went for what I'll be calling the weakest link of the group better known as Esper.

I gotta say for being the weakest link of the group he did have some reflexes but I knew he wasn't going to be good enough to get a hold of that trained assassin.

"Guys help!" He yelled knowing he wasn't gonna have control for very long.

Nope, definitely not going in there to help some lost cause, and apparently Jack was smarter than I thought he'd be.

He ran off deeper into the woods without even saying sorry to Esper. It's cruel but that's the kind of energy you'll need if you even wanna stand a chance in surviving.

I followed him and made Elijah come with us.

Listen if I wanna have a higher survival rate I can't leave everyone behind.

Although I had Elijah following me Silas didn't.

I thought he'd take his own initiative but he didn't.