56.*

I woke up, tangled in a mess of sheets and Harry's warm body pressed firmly next to mine.

I was utterly exhausted, physically and mentally, and I was instantly reminded of how horrifically wrong everything went last night the second I opened up my eyes.

I couldn't remember much afterwards, but what I did recall was that after I spoke to Phoebe and told her about Gemma, I spent a good 45 minutes in the shower just sitting there under the hot water, not believing for a second that this had actually happened.

I never wanted any of this to happen, and I felt terrible for causing such friction between everybody because of what I had done to Dan with Harry.

I knew I wasn't to blame completely, I mean Harry wasn't exactly the innocent party here either, it takes two to tango... however I was the taken party.

And that's what was hard for Gemma to probably swallow.

Biting my lip, I forced back the tightness in my throat I was feeling and grabbed my phone from the side desk.

I saw that it was just after 9am in the morning, with the smell of God knows what suddenly coming from the kitchen- launching itself directly towards my nostrils and stomach.

Smells so good.

My rumbling belly made itself known that I was in fact absolutely starving, but I was more engrossed in the text message on WhatsApp that I received from Alex half hour earlier.

It was a gorgeous distraction to have, and I was so pleased to see something so familiar and beautiful that meant the world to me.

"Good morning auntie Izzy, daddy had lots of photos taken of me a few days ago, and we got this taster sent to us this morning. Thinking of you, lots of love, cuddles, dribbles and cwtches, your favourite honouree niece Isabelle. xxx"

She's so utterly beautiful, I couldn't help but smile proudly.

"You're beautiful." I whispered, smoothing my thumb over the screen; "Your mummy would be so proud of you, little one."

I felt my heart pound the second I felt Harry move beside me, his head now hanging over my shoulder.

He smiled at me shyly and snuggled himself closer towards me, his lips touching the tip of my shoulder gently.

"Who are you talking too?"

"Nobody," I whispered back, closing off my phone; "Alex sent me a photo of the baby, that's all."

"That's... Clare's husband, right?" He asked sleepily, as I nodded, "I still haven't met this baby yet."

"You want to meet her?"

Harry nodded, "Yeah, I mean... I love babies and babies love me."

"That's good to know." I laughed, just as he kissed my shoulder again.

"It's so good that he wants you to be a part of her life, that's really nice, Iz."

"Yeah." I said sadly, my mind now returning back to Gemma.

Honestly, I didn't know what the hell I was going to do.

"Did you sleep okay?" Harry asked, his fingers now stroking my arm gently.

"I don't even remember falling asleep." I answered truthfully.

"You practically fell asleep not long after your shower," Harry replied, as the tension rose between us once again, "I am really sorry, Izzy. Please don't listen to my sister."