Blackwater to Colter (5)

It had been five months and Arthur and I were practically together all the time. We went out on our date and we made love for the first time. I found out two months ago I was expecting and John, Abigail, and Arthur all became over protective over me.

Arthur had even bought a ring and had been planning to ask me to marry him. (According to John) Arthur had also been busy with Hosea in Blackwater doing a job. Dutch and Micah were planning to rob a ferry boat. (Which made me anxious because it gave me a bad feeling)

Things with the ferry boat took a turn for the worse and we had to pack up quick and flee from camp, into some God forsaken place in the Grizzlies called Colter. We had lost Mac, Jenny, Davey, and Sean. Charles had burned his hand in a hurry to get the camp torn down. All I could do in such a hurry was to wrap it. Dutch sent Arthur, Micah and John ahead to scout out the area before we met Arthur on the path.

When we got to the place Arthur had told Dutch about Arthur was quick to come over to me and wrap his arms around me and he grabbed my hands. "You're freezing," he said.

"I am fine," I said.

Dutch told Pearson to light the fire places and get us all warm. "Belle, go rest while Miss Grimshaw and Pearson and the girls set up camp," he told me after his speach.

 "Belle, go rest while Miss Grimshaw and Pearson and the girls set up camp," he told me after his speach

"I'm gonna ride out with Dutch to see if we can find John and Micah," Arthur said. "Go get warm."

Hosea wrapped his arm around my shoulder and lead me off to a larger cabin. Hosea quickly went to work a built us a fire in the fireplace and sat two chairs down in front of it. "Sit down Elizabelle," he said.

"I hate this Hosea," I said rubbing my small belly.

"I know," he said.

"Something doesn't add up Hosea," I said.

"I know," he said. "Arthur and I had that thing that was about to pay off big."

"I just wish you all would let me help out," I said.

"You know out of all of us you are the innocent one. Never been involved in any crimes whatsoever, and I'm not gonna let that change now. In everything Elizabelle you could walk away and never have any of this follow you," he said.

"No matter what Hosea this will follow me," I said. "I love Arthur and where he goes I go, we have this child on the way. There is no way I could do it myself," I said.

"I know," he said. He opened a can of soup and heated it up. "Here to keep your strength up."

"Hosea you need to eat too," I said.

"I'm good besides I'm not eating for two," he said.

I rolled my eyes and laughed. "Yeah you're right," I said.

"I usually am," he said handing me a cup with soup in it.

"Thanks Hosea," I said. "For always looking out for me."

"You're the daughter Bessie and I always wanted. She would be so proud of you," he said.

"I wish she were here to help me through this," I said.

Hosea hugged me. "She would be right by your side through this," he said.

I nodded and felt the tears roll down my cheek.  I wiped them away and ate the soup Hosea had kindly fixed for me. "I think I'm gonna go lay down," I said.

"Alright," he said.

I found a small room that had a bed and I grabbed a blanket and laid down.  Later I felt Arthur sit down on the bed beside me. "Mmm, did you find my brother?" I asked.

"No we found Micah and a homestead that O'drisscal's had taken over. There was a woman there they killed her husband. Micah took her for an O'drisscal and burned down her house. We brought her back here. She doesn't have anything," he said.

I got up and walked over to my chest and pulled out a skirt and a button up shirt and a pair of boots. "Where is she?' I asked.

"She is with the lady's in their cabin," Arthur said.

"I'll be back," I said and wrapped my coat around me.

"Come on I'll walk you over," he said.

I walked our into the main room and Dutch raised an eyebrow. "I'm taking the new lady a change of clothes so she at least has something," I said.

"You to kind Belle," he said.

I walked out into the freezing weather and Arthur followed. I walked into the small cabin and saw the red haired women sitting by herself. "I'll be right back Arthur," I told him.

"Hello, I'm so sorry for everything. I know it ain't much but this will help you keep warm," I said and handed her the clothes and boots.

She looked up at me with red eyes from crying. "I.," she started.

"Hey now, you're safe here. I promise you that. These guys apart from the asshat that burned your house are good guys most of the time. I am here if you ever need to talk, or if you need a shoulder to cry on Miss," I said.

"It's Saddie," she said in a hoarse voice.

"I hate we met under these circumstances but I'm glad you are safe. I'm Elizabelle, everyone but my brother and Arthur calls me Belle. Arthur calls me Little Lizzy or Lizzy, and my brother just calls me Liz," I said.

She nodded. "Th...thank you," she said.

I hugged her and she sat there not knowing what to do. Mu heart ached for her. I wouldn't know what to do if something happened to Arthur. I would probably fall apart. I had lost so much myself I felt peoples pain.

"If you don't mind I'll send Arthur and Javier to bury your husband nice and proper," I said.

"That would be nice," she said.

"Get some rest Saddie. I'll come and check in on you tomorrow," I said.

Arthur stood talking to Abigail. "We have to find him Arthur," Abigail said.

"We will Abigail that is if he ain't ran off again," Arthur said.

"Arthur Morgan!" I said.

"I know but he has done it once whose to say he didn't do it again," he said looking at me.

"Don't test me Arthur Morgan," I said.

"Lizzy we will look for him," Arthur said. "In the morning where maybe we can track him."

"Thank you," Abigail said.

Arthur and I walked back to our room and he pulled me to him. "I'm so glad you are safe," he said.

"I'm glad you are too," I said.

He pulled my coat off of me and grabbed my hands and held them together while he cupped them bringing them up to his mouth he blow some warm air on my cold hands. He them rubbed his hands over mine to warm them up.

"Thank you Arthur," I said and kissed him. We laid down and curled up together Arthur laid his with his head on top of mine. I laid curled in his arms and felt safe. He always made me feel safe no matter what was happening, he always had this calm about him.