Rains Falls and twins (15)

Belle's POV

Belle's POV

As soon as I eat Arthur and Charles both help Hamish clean up. I thank Hamish again for everything. "Thank you again for the clothes, the bath, and letting us stay for a bit," I said.

Hamish then pulled out a revolver and places it in my hands. It's small and will fit nicely conceled  in-between my breast when I have underwear on. "Take this. It ain't much, it ain't gonna kill anyone but it will slow them down," he said.

"You don't," I said.

"I know but it's something," he said.

"Thank you," I said.

"Keep it on you at all times. She is tryst worthy and won't let you down," Hamish said.

"I've got the horses ready," Arthur said.

I hug Hamish and thank him again. "He still loves you," he said.

"I will always love him, but maybe he is right. We just are not meant to be," I said. "Maybe it's better this way for the both of us."

Hamish squeezes my hand. "Be strong, Little one," he said.

I walked out and climbed up behind Charles. Arthur looked hurt. "I'm respecting your wishes Arthur," I said and sighed.

Arthur nodded his head and we went to Annesburg. We went into the general store where I got a couple outfits. Arthur paid and we left again. I climbed back behind Charles.

We rode to the reservation. Charles got down and helped me get down. I nodded. "I want a word Arthur," I said.

Charles nodded and walked off to talk to my grandfather. "I know you think you are to blame for everything Arthur. I know you want to protect me. Somewhere I know you still love me, I will always love you Arthur, but now I have to think of the twins. Their safety comes before our own. Please know that when everything comes to an end, I'll be here waiting for you," I said.

"Lizzy," he said.

"Don't make this harder Arthur. I know you sent me away for a reason. You can reassure everyone I don't know anything, after everything I won't say anything. If I was going to break Arthur I would have. I didn't not once did the thought cross my mind. You all are safe," I said.

Arthur nodded and kissed my forehead. "Can I say goodbye to the twins?" He asked.

"Yes, I am not cold-hearted Arthur. You come see them when you can. Just know that we will be fine here," I said.

He nods and walks over to where Charles was talking to an elderly native man, my grandfather. It sounded strange, as I was I believed had no family.  I walked over to my grandfather. He hugged me lightly. "It is good you are here," he said.

"Where are the twins?" I asked.

"This way," he said walking into the house that sat behind a large teepee. I followed behind him and saw my babies for the first time in a long time. I walked in between the baskets and kneeled down. I picked up Lincoln and passed him to his father. I then picked up Bethany and laid my head down listening to her tiny heart.