Horseshoe Overlook(8)

Once we were back at camp everyone had finished setting up our camp. Arthur helped me down and we walked over to Dutch, calling Saddie, Charles, and Hosea on our way. "What's going on Arthur?" Dutch said.

Arthur took a deep breath and sat down. "I have to take Lizzy to see a specialist in Saint Dennis," he said. "I was hoping it wouldn't be a problem for you."

"What's wrong son?" Dutch asked.

"Nothing yet, Lizzy is having...," he sat down his face pale.

"Twins. The doctor thinks it is wise and safer for me and the babies to be closer to a specialist when it's time for me to deliver and said twin normally come early and would probably put me on bedrest so traveling would not be a good thing. Which is why we asked Saddie and Charles over, too," I said.

"We can't lose the both of the men at the same time," Dutch said.

"No that's not what we asked him over here for. Arthur thought that maybe they both could go back and forth between here and there so a man would always be with us. I asked for Saddie because I trust her and I would like to know if she would come with me," I said. "That is if it is alright with her."

"I would gladly go with you Belle," she said.

"I would gladly help too," Charles said.

"Alright, you all can leave in the morning. We will take you all to the train station in the morning. It will be faster than a wagon and safer too," Dutch said. "I expect one of you men back the day after tomorrow."

Arthur helped me stand up. "Let's go talk to John," he said.

"Arthur," I started.

"No Lizzy he would want to know," he said.

I sighed and nodded my head. "John," I called.

John yelled,"What do you want?"

"I want to talk to you," I said.

John huffed and made his way over to me and Arthur. "John, I'm gonna leave for a little while," I said.

"What? Why?" He asked.

"Because we are having twins and I need to be close to a doctor who has handled that before. The doctor here said it was best as twins normally come early, so it will safer for me and the babies," I said.

"Arthur and Charles are gonna switch out days to be with me, and Saddie is coming too," I said.

"What about Abigail?" He asked.

"John you're my brother but you know we don't get along. I try for you and Jack but I don't like the way she speaks to you," I said.

"I messed up," John said.

"Yes you did but how long is she gonna hold it over your head. I mean it's been four years. You came back and tried to make things right. You don't beat her or Jack, you don't tell them they are nothing, you don't make Jack scared to do something wrong John. You may not be the best in the world but you are there and that's more than either of us could say about our dad John. You get them what they need," I said.

"I guess she is always gonna hold this over my head," he said.

"See there's the problem John," I said.

I grabbed his hand. "John," I said. "You are needed here. So I just wanted to let you know in case something happens to me. I am glad you are my brother."

"Do not do that," John said. "I can't lose you Belle."

"John I'm not saying you are but there is that chance," I said.