Colter (6)

The next few days Arthur had stayed busy. Javier and Arthur rode out to find John. When they brought him back he was scarred up, he had been attacked by a pack of wolves and was very lucky to have made it out alive.

Arthur, Dutch, Lenny, Micah, and Bill rode out to the spot Colm O'drisscal's camp was at and found out about a train they had planned to rob. Arthur caught an O'drisscal and brought him back to camp. Then he rode with Charles to hunt something. They brought back some deer.

When Arthur came in and he laid down. I sat down beside him and rubbed his shoulders. "You need some rest Arthur," I said.

"Maybe," he said. "If you lay down with me."

I nodded and curled up beside him. He moved my hair away from and kissed my neck. I couldn't help but moan and push myself back toward him. He wrapped his arms around me and nibbled on my ear.

I woke some time later and Arthur was still asleep. I quickly dressed and wrapped my coat around myself and went to Pearson and grabbed a couple bowls of stew. I carried them to Abigail for her and Jack. I'm sure she hadn't eaten.

"Thank you," she said.

"Has John eaten yet?" I asked.

"Not yet," she said.

"I'll be right back," I said. I walked back to Pearson and grabbed a couple more bowls. One for John and one for Saddie. I carried them to the small cabin and handed the one to Abigail for John.

I carried the other to Saddie. "I know you probably don't feel like eating but you need something to keep your strength up," I said.

"I.. I know," she said. "Thank you Belle. So you and Arthur? Are you married?"

"I guess you could say that. We are expecting our first child in four more months," I said rubbing my belly.

"How long have you been together?" She asked eating her stew.

"Together for eight months," I said. "I've been in love with him for years."

"Young love," she said.

"He has been my first everything," I said. "My brother couldn't stand it because Arthur is a few years older than me."

"Brother's are like that," she said.

"Yeah tell me about it," I said.

"You know your one of the first people here to really care," she said.

"Trust me it's not like that. We have been through a lot ourselves these last couple weeks. We've lost some ourselves because of a stupid mistake. We are just trying to get out of here," I told her. "When it all settles down people will open up more."

"Maybe, I've got nobody or anywhere else to go," she said.

"Well you have been a nice woman to me so you have me," I said.

"Thank you Belle," she said.

Arthur came in and saw I was sitting there talking to Saddie. "Miss Adler," he said.
"How are you holding up?"

"About how you'd expect," she said.

"I wish there was something we could do," he said.

"Your Lizzy has been very kind to me," she said.

"She is very kind," Arthur said.

Abigail had taken her's and John's bowls back to Pearson. And she came back in with Jack. "The boy wants to see you John," she said.

"Well he has seen me now, or what's left of me," John said. "What about you?"

"I guess I was hoping to see a corpse," she said.