Chapter ten,

hi my angels 🫶🏽

          The following day, Luvie got up and ready for when noon arrived. After she made it home, Tyra asked her what happened, however, she didn't respond as she wanted to tell her everything in person after her link with Asanté.

          She found herself tossing and turning last night, unable to sleep knowing that she was going to spend alone time with Asanté

         She wondered what happened with Bryce after Tyra pulled her from the house. When the gunshots went off, she was hoping that those weren't for Bryce—although she didn't like the man, she didn't want him to die. She also didn't want Asanté to get into trouble.

        However, there were a lot of people around—surely, he wouldn't kill someone with a bunch of witnesses around like his brother, right?

Although she didn't find the situation humorous last night, she found Asanté's dominance to be amusing. He put his foot down with her and shamelessly, she actually liked it.

Luvie sat on the couch, the TV playing in the background as she mindlessly scrolled through her Instagram feed. She double tapped on a picture of Sacha and her family. She heard a honk outside, making her look through the blinds.

She got up and turned off the TV before walking toward the door, she walked out and shut the door behind her, making sure to lock up.

She walked toward Asanté's car, getting into the passenger's seat. "Hey," she spoke, fastening her seatbelt.

"Wassup?" Asanté replied, pulling off onto the road. Like usual, their car ride was quiet. Luvie wondered where he was taking her, as he never told her. She knew that he wanted to talk, and he would probably take her somewhere where they could do just that.

A twenty minute drive later, Asanté pulled up to what seemed to be a small, family owned restaurant. A few cars were parked outside, along with a few people standing around carrying a conversation as they smoked cigarettes.

The pair got out, Asanté making sure to hit the alarm. The men outside instantly stopped their conversation, turning their attention onto Asanté.

"Nephew!" One of the older men exclaimed, sporting a front toothless smile.

"Wassup, unc?" Asantè greeted him, dapping him up before dapping up another guy as well. "Granny in there?"

The man nodded, gesturing his hand towards the door. "Yea' she in there, where ya' old man at?" he questioned, flicking his cigarette butt.

"At the house," he informed him, opening the door for Luvie.

"Who's this?" His uncle nodded his head toward Luvie, with a grin etched across his face. "She looks familiar,"

"Luvie," Asantè said, glancing over at her briefly. "And she should, but we ain't getting into that," he quickly shut down the conversation. He wasn't going to tell his uncle that the reason Luvie looked familiar was because she was the little girl who testified against Dante, recounting the events that led up to Richie's death.

Luvie walked inside, as Asanté walked in behind her. There were a handful of customers spread out through the restaurant, old R&B music softly playing in the background.

Luvie immediately took notice of the plethora of photos on the walls. The restaurant screamed black owned, between the aroma of soul food that engulfed Luvie's nostrils and the vintage furniture—the atmosphere felt welcoming.