It's Not a Joke Anymore ( Leo X Female! Reader)

When did it start not being a joke anymore?

When did Leo realize that what he was saying to you was in full truth and not just some witty banter?

When did it start being serious?

Leo's mind kept asking that same question as he watched you twirl around in the snow with Mikey enjoying the cold crisp winter air. He's not used to this. Thinking this seriously. He's the cool one. The comedian. He shouldn't be so uptight.

But here he was. Watching you as you laughed. It was like listening to an Angel sing. Leo didn't care how cheesy that was. It was true. Your laughter was a beautiful gift and here he was wishing that it was him making you laugh like that.

It started out as a joke. The day april brought you around to the lair for him and his brothers to meet you it was all a joke. (Despite the fact he did think you were pretty.)

"Did it hurt?" He slyly had draped his arm over your shoulder that day. Raising his brow. You were confused still off put by what you were seeing.

"What?" You looked up at him confused.

"Did it hurt," Leo had smirked at the time, "when you fell from heaven?"

"Oh wow, that was the worst and most used pick up line I've ever heard in my life." You had laughed in response.

That's how it started. There. When it was all a joke.

Then it went too far. His enjoyment of seeing a girl he barely knew flustered soon changed to seeing his best friend smile and laugh.

How could you two not click? You were simply perfect. You didn't know about Lou Jitzu or Jupiter Jim when the two of you had met. (Well aside from the Jupiter Jim films april showed you.)

But when Leo had showed you. A gasp and a opened mouth at the fact you didn't know who they were, you were hooked.

You ended up liking the movies just as much as he did. Even going as far as chatting with him about fan theory's or just talking about it in general.

"What do you think happened between Jupiter Jim 24 and 25? Like there's clearly a gap." You both at the time were sitting on the roof enjoying pizza.

"Well," Leo had a mouth full of pizza, " not to brag but I've read the comics. I think it's explained in volumes 10-15."

You laughed a little bumping shoulders with him grabbing another slice.

"Right. You know, because I've totally read them Mr. know-it-all." You jokingly scoffed taking a bite of your pizza.

"Indubitably so." Leo tried his best to imitate Donnie's voice earning a loud laugh.

No maybe that's when it wasn't a joke anymore. Because when he heard you laugh while the sun set casting its vibrant glow across your skin, he was enchanted.

"Did it hurt?" One day you suddenly approached him, hands on his shoulder smiling mischievously.

"W-what?" Leo had a lump in his throat feeling you so close, almost whispering in his ear.

"Did it hurt," you repeated arm reaching forward towards his plate of food, "when you fell from heaven?"

He didn't have time to process what had happened as you snatched his pizza away. You laughed. Cheered with his brothers, you had won some sort of bet at the time. Something about how you could easily steal food from him and his brothers didn't believe it.

Maybe that was it?

All this time of knowing you it's been a running joke.

Wouldn't it be crazy if we dated?