Aftermath (Donnie X Male! Reader)

This was requested by @mgmendez2305

"Can I requests for May i request for a Donnie X Male reader, where they both take a shower alone together from all the training and they both feel embarrassed about it. But then Donnie tells him about his nightmares from the after math of the Krang invasion, so the reader comforts him with hugs and head pats, and one of them accidentally confess to him, and they both get very nervous and super flustered? Then they reveal that they never have had their first kiss or know how to kiss, so they both bashfully try it together on 3?"

Hope you enjoy and happy reading!
~nightmare

THWACK!

You gasped stepping back clutching the wooden bo staff that had been lent to you. It was quite aside from the occasional panting and clash of weapons out in the training room.

Donnie was swift on his feet as he glided back looking at you from across the way. Sweat beaded down your head. Nothing was said for a moment. Tension hung in the air on who would move next.

Donnie backed up a bit more, narrowed eyes looking you up and down assessing where to go next. You mimicked just actions clutching the stuff up close to your chest bracing for an attack.

BEEP. BEEP.

A phone alarm went off, the two of you looked towards the bench before relaxing. Now what exactly was going on? Well, after what happened a few months ago with the Krang Donnie insisted you two start training together.

Truth was you didn't really know how to fight aside from using a pocket knife. But you had to figure it out real fast once the Krang showed up.

Casey was still around of course. A reminder that you all made it out of that potential future. But Donnie didn't seem to be the same after. More quite. Even more serious. (He always worried about you but now? It was far worse. Hence the 101 training.)

You can't forget when you and April snuck out of the collage together, finding Casey for the first time.

"Commander O'Neil!-" he had called to April until seeing you. He looked like he was seeing a ghost.
"I-it's you! Sargent! I- I never thought I'd see you again!"

You didn't know about your fate in the future. And you didn't know about Donnie's but based on how Casey kept using past tenses rather than present you two got the idea. (Fighting side by side till the end. At least you think so anyway.)

Donnie took it the hardest that you fell at his side. Even if he fell with you, in his like failure was not an option. It was even worse now than before. You heaved a heavy breath at all the thoughts. Watching Donnie walk over towards the alarm turning it off.

"I guess that's all for today." Donnie didn't turn back to you as he spoke sliding the alarm off now looking through his phone.

You leaned against your staff watching him in thought. You wished you could do something to make him feel better. You know he's suffering, he just won't share. So what could you do to make him feel better?

"You wanna go to the library and chill for a while?" You lifted up the staff, walking over towards your stuff looking at Donnie offering him a smile. He tried to meet your gaze and smile the same. But you knew better.