Wattpad Original
There are 29 more free parts

Chapter Eighteen

Tanner has his hand on my knee and with each drink of wine he takes, it slowly inches up my bare thigh

Tanner has his hand on my knee and with each drink of wine he takes, it slowly inches up my bare thigh. Our minds are in the same place, but I can see the hesitation in his eyes. He's determined to take things slow between us, and there is a part of me that loves how intentional he's being, but there's another part of me that wishes he would tear my clothes off right here on his back patio. And the latter part gets louder with each passing second.

Even after the little hiccup in the beginning, the night was an absolute dream. The food was incredible, the conversation even better, and the company...at this point, I'm not sure I could ever get tired of being with Tanner. He has me floating so high through the clouds that I almost forget Zane even exists. Every second we spent together, I can feel myself getting swept further and further away, and despite how fresh and new this is, I'm cautiously optimistic.

My eyes are closed, but even then, Tanner's kiss has me seeing stars. Fire works. A flash of white hot passion. Intoxicated by the taste of him. Dizzy from the reckless way his tongue sweeps through my mouth. The man can work absolute magic with those lips. His kiss is hungry. Unrestrained and bold and it's got me dangling on the edge of my seat with anticipation as his hands roam my body beneath the blankets.

I like this version of him. He's unrelenting and determined, almost arrogant in the way he holds me. The commanding captain side of him takes control and he kisses me like he owns me. He knows just where to touch, just where to kiss, to send me into an absolute tailspin and this is just the beginning. His eyes are set on one thing, and one thing only. Me.

Always-in-control Tanner is finally letting go, and it's got me so hot and bothered I can hardly breathe.

For a moment, Tanner isn't worried about the consequences and his body presses against mine, the firmness of his erection against my throbbing core. My heart races, hoping, praying that it might finally happen. And just when I think it will, he pulls away.

"Zoe..." His gravely voice sends a wave of goosebumps across my skin.

"I know." I suck in a sharp breath. "Taking it slow."

A dominant look flashes in his eye, and he's so close to me I can feel the warmth of his breath hot against my neck. "Do you have any idea how bad I want you?"

"Almost as much as I want you." A grin pulls at my lips as I let my fingers trail to his belt buckle. We're not stopping--not if I can help it. "Tanner, I appreciate that you want to take things slow and how respectful you are, but I..."

Before I can finish the thought, Lucas's voice comes barreling through the night sky.

"Dad! We're home!" He calls.

I flinch, backing away and composing myself as best I can.

"Hey buddy!" Tanner bolts up, turning toward the inside of the house as lights start to flicker on. The intrusion flusters him, and whatever moment we had going is long gone. "How was it?"