Chapter 26

Charlotte

I had just been dosing off in my armchair when there was a knock at the door.

"Master Barrel would like to see you in the grand hall." The voice of one of the the untrusted called. I sighed, getting up and checking I looked alright in the mirror before exiting the room and joining my escort on the stairs.

It reminded me if when I had first been taken up to the tower. The guard's sword just brushed against my back, pushing me forward. I had a small mark there already from when I had tripped whilst going upstairs and it had stabbed me.

It was difficult walking in the glittery silver heels that I wore on my feet, I stumbled a few times but each time the guard would catch me. I guess they aren't that evil, they just follow orders.

We were almost at the bottom of the tower when I heard shouting. One of the people was Barrel himself and I guessed that the others were either untrusted statues or barrels.

"I-I'm sorry master h-he just ran off!"

"Well why weren't you watching him?! He has a fucking knife on him for fucks sake! His movements are unpredictable after full control has been obtained."

"We were master! We were! He broke free of his chains and bolted!"

The guard behind me took my shoulders, holding me back.

"Fools...he was the one flaw in this plan! I thought you had killed him." Barrel was obviously furious with them for whatever this was about.

"So did we master, he was lying in that room for months! He wasn't breathing!"

He sighed exasperatedly, "I assume this was the doing of that girl. Well find him before the wedding and I won't punish you."

"Y-yes master." They all shuffled away. The door to the tower was swung open, revealing Barrel leaning against it. Time to play evil.

"Darling, you look stunning." He grinned. I mustn't show that I was no longer under his spell. Forcing a small smile I nodded and made my way down the last few steps.

"Thank you, are we ready to go now?"

"In a moment, my dear. It appears we have a slight hiccup in our preparations. However, it should be taken care of soon." He slipped my hand into his gloved one. I tried my best to look as though I was happy. I assumed that the consequences would be severe if he found out I was lying so I tried my best to be convincing.

We started to walk down the corridor together, he held my hand so tightly that it hurt. It was even harder to walk now as my legs had begun to tremble uncontrollably. It was up to me to save everyone now, I had to ensure that the ceremony stopped before he put the ring on my finger or we'd all be doomed.

All of a sudden Barrel put his arm out in front of me, stopping me from walking. Shouting was coming from further down the passage in which we stood. There was more shouts now.

"There he is!" Somebody yelled, the statues rushed about and another unit of Barrels rolled past us.

"Victor," I began, keeping my sugar sweet tone, "What's going on?"

"Part of of my plan, my original weapon, has gone haywire. I thought I had erased him but he has returned."

Could he be talking about Cry? Impossible, Cry was dead..

"Nooo! Get away! You can't stop us!" A satanic voice growled.

Barrel sighed, he began walking down the corridor towards the commotion, still holding my hand. Untrusted statues and barrels surrounded the cell that contained Mr Chair and Pewdie, I stood back in the shadows and watched.