Chapter 3

"You're insane!"

"It's the only plan I have!"

"You're going to kill us all!"

"We'll most likely die either way!"

"Pewdie, she does have a valid point-"

"I don't care! I've lost one of my best friends and now this! Of course I want to rescue Stephano but we cant! It's too dangerous!"

"So you're saying you'd rather have Stephano die?!"

"Charlotte that's not what I meant-"

The atmosphere in the room was extremely tense. No one wanted to come with me. They thought the idea was stupid.

"Then I'll go on my own shall I?! If we ever get out of here tell my family that I love them, because I would rather die to save someone, than be a selfish coward!" I spat.

"Do you not think that I want to save him too? I can't die here, I have a life to get back to. Yes, I want to save Stephano but if that means embarking on a suicide mission then count me the fuck out!"

"Guys. Please. Just calm it." Mr Chair desperately tried to calm us both.

"Well I'm going to find him. Follow me or don't but this might be the last you see of me if you stay here."

"I'll go." Mr Chair gave in and put his arm around me.

"For fuck's sake.. Alright, I'll come too." Pewdie muttered acrimoniously and we set off down the corridor. PewDie went first with his lantern and I followed behind with Mr Chair.

"I hate corridors...I don't trust them." PewDie complained.

"Ditto," I agreed, still angry about him not wanting to save Stephano.

A few moments of walking in silence passed and then Mr Chair raised an important question:  

"Can I ask, do we even know where we're going?" 

"Not a clue, don't you know this place?" 

"I know some paths, yes."

"Well how about you tell us where we are then."

He stood and pondered for a few seconds, you could practically see his mind whirring away as he pointed to items randomly, making some kind of mental calculation.

Finally he answered, "Top floor, towards the back of the castle. There are six floors and the staircase for this floor is somewhere down there," he pointed down the dark corridor ahead of us.

I  stared at him in shock, "How did you work all that out?"

"I don't know," he shrugged, "I guess I just remembered the route I ran in sheer terror before I almost died."

I nearly laughed, "Oh Okay... How long is it going to take us to find Stephano?"

"I don't know. Though it will certainly take a long time. It's strange here, time is. I'm not too sure how it is compared to your world but look at is this way; I've grown up here. I arrived several Centuries ago, and Stephano's been here much longer. But do we look a day over twenty? "

I stuttered, utterly confused, "N-no..."

"You see? Time moves extremely slowly, yet it feels as normal as any day."

"Oh my... so, do you know how to get to Stephano or not?" I remembered the original subject of conversation.

"That's the thing... I've not actually explored the whole castle yet." He mumbled quietly.