Chapter 19

Charlotte

Two days had gone by and I hadn't heard from Victor at all in that time. I wanted to know what he had been up to. Had he forgotten me? Did he no longer have time and attention for his love? I sulked around the room, I was too distracted to even practise. I decided to take my anger out on those who had no purpose or meaning in the dungeon downstairs.

I dressed in a long black gown made up of flowing, translucent material that swirled around me and trailed along the floor in a misty cobweb of night. My eyes were highlighted with flicks of ebony eyeliner and dark eyeshadow, my skin had paled from the lack of sunlight and my lips were the colour of fresh blood.

Gliding swiftly in my shiny, black leather boots, I chuckled to myself on the way downstairs. Who to see first?

I reached the door at the bottom of the tower and used a heavy iron key to unlock it. How should I play this? I thought quietly. Flirtatiously fiendish or just blatantly evil? Hmm..

Someone stifled a gasp as I entered.

"Ch-charlotte?" The one in the tattered beret spoke up. His eyes were watery and his face was red from crying, his voice cracked as he called out.

"Silence!" I hissed with venom but suddenly decided to play a much crueller game, "he could hear you y'know?"

"Wh-whaa.." He scrambled over and shook awake his friend, "she's here Pewds! She remembers!"

I tried not to giggle at his stupidity and continued.

"Now, I don't have the key but I can get you out. Come here." I beckoned them to the door.

"I've missed you!" He cried, reaching out a hand. I took it and clasped our fingers together, raising them to my heart and making eye contact.

"I have too, so much, I thought that I would never escape!" Surprisingly, I good pull off this act rather well.

"I can't believe you're back.." He began to lean as far forward as he could go. Smirking, I did the same. I dropped our hands and slowly reached up to grab the collar of his shirt, pulling him right up against the bars.

Just as we were about to kiss I swung up my knee into his stomach causing him to double over, spluttering. I pushed at the air with one hand and snapped my other palm shut, sending invisible waves of force rippling towards him. On his way to the wall he took his friend out too, crushing him between himself and the stone.

The blonde didn't move but the other feebly picked himself up, but I was faster. I used the powers that barrel had taught me to punch him without physical contact. It really was exciting. I laughed gleefully as he fell forward onto his front, one arm reaching out to me, still as stone but I'm pretty sure that neither of them had died. I mean, i'm sure that my love would be unimpressed if I murdered one and spoiled his scheme..whatever it was.

I turned..

"Ohh Stephanooo!" I called in a sing-song voice.

"Va te faire foutre!"

"Well we are being rude today aren't we."

"Just go!"

"I do what I want."

"But this isn't what you want is it?"

"O-of course it is!!"

He sighed, "Try to remember, Charlotte. Try to remember.."

I didn't respond but that doesn't mean that I forgot what he said.

"Why are we suddenly speaking French now anyway?"