2.0

It had only been an hour since Dani's rebuttal against Max saying no to taking her trick or treating came into play

     It had only been an hour since Dani's rebuttal against Max saying no to taking her trick or treating came into play. Her loud screams were enough to make Max of any person who likes being able to hear cave in. It was now time for the two to be leaving or as their dad called it "witching hour". Dani ran over to her dad, screaming in a way to scare him so he had to act like he was scared, making their mom go over and play along while Max grudgingly walked past, before waiting for them to get their picture taken like every year prior. As his mom walked past she gave him a kiss on the cheek only for max to soon wipe it off.

"What about you, Max? What are you supposed to be?" Mr. Dennison asked sarcastically, looking at Max in his regular baseball hat and sunglasses.

"A rap singer." Max stated in a monotone voice, not excited to be going trick or treating.

"Oh. Well, your hat should be on sideways, shouldn't it?" His dad asked before fixing his hat to be sideways as his mother came back with a camera for the two siblings.

"Say '' Halloween''!" Max's mom said excitedly, making his dad and Dani both say the word while the picture was snapped, a flash that made Max grateful for the sunglasses he was wearing.

Time had passed, exactly two hours since the Dennison siblings had left the house. The sun had set and it was dark now making Max feel all the more tired while waiting for Dani to finish. He had sat on every porch step he was sure even existed in Salem and nothing changed, he was still annoyed and would much rather be in his room alone than outside at that moment. So while the other kids ran past Max, back to whoever was with them Dani just walked down a couple steps, looking at the rather depressed Max that she wasn't proud to call her brother at that moment.

"Lighten up, Max." Dani said, upset with her brother's attitude.

"Can we go home now?" Max asked, finally reaching his breaking point of tolerance for the night.

"No." Dani responded simply, having not done every house around town yet.

Looking ahead Max saw some familiar faces but not good ones. The same guys from the cemetery, Ice and Jay with a few of their friends. They clearly had nothing better to do since they were tormenting little kids into giving them their candy and trashing some poor person's Halloween decorations. Max didn't want to deal with it, his night was already going bad and he didn't need to make it worse.

"Let's just go this way." Max said, trying to go an alternative route to avoid the reckless kids but Dani had other plans in mind.

"Dani." Max said, staring at his sister who was walking right up to the lion's den, that was the group of kids that more than likely were going to pick on her and that Max was trying to avoid.

And just as Max had expected they started stuff with Dani too. Stopping her from leaving and asking her for candy was just what Max didn't want to deal with. Max was begging that she would just walk back to him and go the other way or just pay the so-called "toll" but she didn't. She instead decided to argue back with the guys in front of her.