Chapter 13

"Thanks for helping out during the weekend like this" said Jay as he leaned back in his chair.
"It's the least I can do" I replied as I finished wiping down the last bench. I sighed as I rinsed my cloth.
It was a few days after the fight. I barely slept—I simply couldn't. So I returned to the Doctors Office, keeping my mind busy was the only thing that helped.

Though we had defended well from Red Water, Delta Joehn and Beta Jason were unable to kill Delta Kade and he was able to flee, losing only his right eye. However, the pack was left confused, as no one had come in contact with Bruno or his creatures. It was as if the fights weren't directed at actually attacking the pack, but rather that they were after something else. It was an oddity that couldn't be ignored.

Jay straightened a stack of papers and I turned to the door. I sighed and turned away at the sight of Beta Jason. Jason knocked on the door in return and Jay lit up.
"Beta Jason, what can I do for you?" Asked Jay.

"I'm here to pick up Alec."
It was like a parent talking to a kindergarten teacher about their child. I stared at Beta Jason. I didn't want to talk to him. I didn't want any reminders of Alpha Taurus. My eyes habitually pricked with tears at the memory.
"Of course. We can file these on Monday, Alec" said Jay enthusiastically as he set his stack of papers off to the side.

I turned to Jason and stared at him in the dim light of the evening.
His eyes turned amber in the sun and I could feel an uncharacteristic warmth from him. I hesitated and Jason tilted his head.
"Come on now" beckoned Jason as he held out his hand. I stared at Jason for a second more than quietly walked to him.
"Thank you Jay, see you later!" Called Jason as he began leading me from the office.
"Bu-Bye~" called Jay.

Jason and I started down the hall and we turned the corner. Jason suddenly pulled me towards him, and before I could stop him he began rubbing at my cheeks and eyes like an annoyed mother.
"I seen you tear up back there!" Accused Jason. "I won't have it! I can't have you let things slip!"
"Q-Quit!" I cried out as I felt my face go raw. Jason flicked me in the forehead and I teared up all over again.

"No, you quit!" Scolded Jason. "I stayed up all night putting up with this, don't make me go through this again."
"Sorry" I whispered as I wiped at my watering eyes. Jason pulled my hand away from my face and wiped at my cheek, but gentler this time.
"It's ok. But I can't bring you to Damian like this, he'll think I'm harassing you."
"But you are harassing me" I sniffed as I tried to recompose myself.
"It's not on purpose this time" sighed Jason his hand cupping my cheek.

"I'm gonna put you in a jail if I ever become Luna" I said.
"You must be the worlds worst Luna if you make threats about jailing people when we don't even have a jail to begin with. This isn't Red Water."

My eyes flickered down to Jason's neck, and I briefly remembered the scar I had seen.
"Hey, my eyes are up here" said Jason as he tilted my chin up. "Now lets go."

Beta Jason pulled me all the way across the pack house like a dog until we reached the Alpha's suite. He then turned to me and pointed his finger at me.
"Behave" he whispered as he knocked on the door.
"Yes?" Came the voice of Damian.
I felt my stomach turn nervously as Beta Jason opened the door.
"Alec's here" called Jason as he pushed me forward.

Alpha Damian laid on the couch in the living room, looking at a few papers. He looked up at the mention of my name and he locked eyes with me.
"Thank you, Jason. You are relieved."
"Thank you, Alpha" returned Jason as he bowed.
With that, Jason closed the door, leaving just the two of us. Damian set down his papers and beckoned for me with his hand. I stepped forward into the room and watched Damian closely. His black joggers rested loosely on his hips and his white shirt pulled up ever so slightly—revealing part of his jagged abs and a white bandage that covered a portion of his stomach. His blue eyes watched me closely—his gaze daunting and powerful as it tore into me.