Fight!

"Alright, give me everything you've got."

"Oh, believe me," she smirks, "I will."

Before Kakashi can comprehend what's happening, a blur of white flashes past his peripherals. What? She's behind him?! She swings her leg, the intent of knocking his head off his shoulders, driving its momentum. He crouches almost too late, the heel of her combat boot grazing the top of his head. That was too close. She's fast. He moves to sweep her base leg from under her while the other is still in the air. She predicted his move, it being a common counter she's experienced before. She was surprised he could react at all, but maybe she shouldn't have underestimated a jounin-level ninja. However, by the unexpecting look on his face, he had done the same. She shifts her weight leaping back to avoid his sweep, hand-springing back to her feet. Kakashi stands to his full height, staring at his opponent standing across from him.

"I have to say, I wasn't expecting you to be so fast, but I shouldn't have expected anything less from the daughter of Master Jiraiya." He gets back into a fighting stance, almost excited to see more.

Katsume laughs, "This is all me, pal," She shoves her thumb to her chest, gesturing to herself, "Jiraiya didn't teach me a damn thing!"

She sprints towards the man, closing the distance. Kakashi's prepared this time, blocking the fist about to collide with his temple. Regardless of his block, the power behind the blow was enough to push him back a few feet. A gust of wind whirls through the trees. He leaps toward her with a flurry of strikes at a blazing speed. She blocks and parries the blows, returning a few of her own which are stunted as well. He manages to catch both of her wrists in midair, and they compete in a power struggle. With her wrists constrained and neither of them able to move, he thinks he's finally got her trapped, but Katsume smirks at his confident expression, making it drop instantly. Like a cornered wild animal, she collides her forehead with his protector in a strong headbutt. He staggers back, releasing her wrists simultaneously.

She rubs her throbbing forehead noticing a bit of blood as well. She grunts, "Man, headbutts are really a lose-lose kinda move."

Kakashi touches his head, sees the blood on his hand, and chuckles. If Master Jiraiya didn't teach her, then whoever did was amazing. Her taijutsu isn't nearly on tier with Guy's, but she's still giving me a run for my money. I need to see her ninjutsu.

"Your taijutsu is adequate, but it's a bit sloppy. It lacks... refinement," he smirks, "Let's see if your ninjutsu is any better."

Katsume stares at his bloodied head, finding it amusing. Her taijutsu may lack refinement, but it gets the job done. From the monotone in his voice, she couldn't tell if he was acting arrogant or genuinely giving her advice. She decided to take it as an insult purely to fuel her attacks. She always fights better when she's angry anyways.

"It's your funeral," she says, shrugging nonchalantly.

He watches intently as she holds one hand at mouth level, her index and middle finger pointed toward the sky.

"Chakra Suppression Technique," she smiles widely, " Release. "

As soon as the word left her mouth, an enormous wave of power creates a boom in the atmosphere. The trees surrounding them visibly bent with the force. With the relief of unleashing her chakra since suppressing it before arriving in the village, she feels at peace with her surroundings again. Also, now taking notice of another presence in the area, hiding within the trees, she has a new sense of motivation to show off what she's capable of.

Kakashi keeps a stoic expression despite the utter astonishment forcing its way to the surface. She was using a chakra-suppressing technique, but how long had she been suppressing it to have that much stored up? That meant the speed and power he experienced was solely her physical prowess, which was amazing on its own already.