Fate's Jeopardy Pt.3

This chapter's featured song is 'Devil Like Me' by Rainbow Kitten Surprise

TW: Blood and Violence

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The two women stare at each other wide-eyed. The ground trembles after the boom, and Katsume's expression quickly becomes irritated.

"Damnit," she curses.

Yui raises a brow. "What? It worked, didn't it?"

"Nope. I lost... . " Katsume drags a hand over her face at the realization of her defeat. On the bright side, at least she doesn't have to continue this frivolous scavenger hunt.

Yui observes as the ivory-haired woman's gaze contorts with concern as she looks toward the West. Like she could see something Yui couldn't, she had no doubt she could. She's come to learn that the woman has a right to talk as big as she does.

A sense of urgency strikes along Katsume's spine, sensing Kakashi's chakra flicker in and out despite them getting closer to his location. He's expended too much energy breaking the barrier open.

"I need to get to Kakashi...He's in trouble," she says lowly. Far more calmly than the urgent statement calls for, Yui noticed.

As they continue in Kakashi's direction, the memories of her clones cover Katsume's concentrated stare. Three of them were defeated in battle. That leaves three clones to take care of the other henchmen or, at the very least, stall them. They're outnumbered, sure, but that hardly bothered her. It's the underdog position that gives her such an adrenaline rush. However, her recklessness is putting Kakashi in danger. She just had to make a game out of the situation. No wonder he doesn't take her seriously as a ninja.

Just hang on, Kakashi. I'll be there soon, so you better not die.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shit... Kakashi's calloused fingers intertwine in the grass as he attempts to stabilize himself. His muscles scream, and his head throbs as he tries to get to his feet. It turns out that gathering enough water from the moisture in the air to form Water Dragon was a much more daunting task than expected. Well, no. He did expect it to be tedious and time-consuming. However, the toll it took on his chakra was unexpected. He's glad it worked on the first attempt because a second would've taken him out.

Kakashi staggers, still adorning his disguise as Sukea, his grey eyes fix on the massive hole in the pink-hued dome. A loud creaking fills his ears–similar to the sound ice makes after pouring hot water over it. He watches as new cracks shoot out across the crystal from the gaping hole and spread as far as the eye can see. His eyes widen as the crystal shatters, causing debris to rain from the sky. SHit! This would've been an important detail to mention, Katsume!

He musters up what little chakra he has left to avoid being crushed by giant crystal meteors. "Earth Style: Rock Dome!"

Within the significantly smaller rock dome than usual, Kakashi winces at every thunderous thud as dust and dirt trickle down with every impact. Hold up just a little longer...Please!

When it's finally quiet, he releases the jutsu, flopping onto his back to catch his breath and let his muscles rest to restore his chakra. But as he closes his eyes, an unfamiliar voice forces them to spring open.

"Who are you ?"

Damn. I hoped to have at least five minutes before they showed up. Begrudgingly, he sits up, coming face-to-face with a woman in a green floral dress and navy-colored hair.