Chapter 8: perspective of the spectator

(second person)

Ceaser watched as you ran as fast as your legs could carry you to the cornucopia and picked up your whip and a bag.

"Oh look our girl on fire and the girl from district 1 must have some kind of alliance." Ceaser said into his microphone.

He watched intently as the cameras fallowed you.

"Oh and now she's going after gale the other tribute from twelve oh what a sight this will be."

He watched as you threw the dagger back at the tribute and it landed in his neck. Ceaser gasped and the cameras cut to and overhead view of the bloodbath with labels on it for each tribute.

"Well everyone the girl on fire has one kill down oh I can't wait for her to get her sweet revenge on that boy she's chasing down."

The cameras didn't show you for the rest of the day then at night they started to roll recaps until something interesting happen. One of the recaps being your reunion with gale.

"Oh what a surprise this is. Everyone I believe we have been fooled. Gale and y/n have had an alliance and they had us all thinking they were going to kill each other. Wow!" it began to show something you had no idea had even happened.

"Play that back, did we just see gale kiss y/n Ryder while she was asleep!?"

The recaps ended when new footage began to be broadcasted.

"Oh we have some new live footage coming in."

It showed a very grafic scene of the tributes killing the girl than the cameras backed up and showed you and gale hiding in the tree. The cameras were on the two of you the rest of the night.

The next few days the cameras were barely on you untill the careers arrived at your tree. For the next thirty minutes ceaser was giving a frame by frame analysis on the careers climbing skills until you threw the spear.

"Oh and there's that second kill by the girl on fire! She really is ruthless no Wonder she got an eleven and that whip work. She's so agile in the trees too!"

There faces fell as they saw what you did next. Tears were brought to there eyes as they saw you lay with glimmer as she died in your arms.

The cameras were cut to the career's after that because you had done the unthinkable. You had paid tribute to a fallen enemy by thrusting your three fingers in the air. This was a Shure act of defiance as knowone had ever seen before. Snow was mad now.