°~Chapter 1~°

Author's POV

Kang Y/n the daughter of Kang minji one of the richest people in Korea, Y/n grew up not getting noticed by her mother and she studied hard to get awards to get recognition from her mother but her mother was too busy with work, Y/n had lost her father from a plane crash when she 10 years-old, everytime she would feel something is wrong, she would visited her father's grave and tell him everything about school and her life, She studied in the most prestige school in korea and even became a valedictorian in her school, she has always become competitive because the only way to get noticed by her mother was by winning awards in school.

Y/n also had a best friend who always had her back called Ahnjong, they met in kindergarten and became friends ever since,
Ahnjong also had a rich family and studied in the same school as y/n, Ahnjong always helped her when y/n was at her lowest little did y/n know Ahnjong feels more to her.

And Minghao will be included later in the story.

Y/n’s POV

I woke up from my sleep and got off my bed to get ready for school, As finished showering and lastly just need to get dressed
I wore my blouse and skirt and lastly my blazer and necktie. I took a look at myself in the mirror, I looked alot like my dad. I Miss Him.

I went downstairs and saw my mom reading the newspaper in the dining room

"Good morning Mom!"I greeted her and took a seat beside her and just saw her nod at what I Said. It's pretty normal for mom to ignore me and there's nothing new about her, Still regular mom ignoring me all day. Since I was a kid I would cry in my room when my mom didn't notice me but it's different. I don't cry anymore because I got used to it.

I finished eating my breakfast and waited for the car that's sent by my mom to send me to school. I went inside the car and greeted the driver as he started to drive me to school. While on our way to school, Why do I feel like something is missing in my life? The only thing I want is for someone to love me just like how my dad did..BUT I don't think it will ever come true.

We arrived at school and I exited the car and went inside school, I immediately went to search for my best friend Ahnjong sadly I couldn't find her at our spot in the library but as I entered the classroom I saw Ahnjong I couldn't help but feel happy because the Person who cherishes me is waiting for me.

I waved at her and she noticed me. As she joyfully smiled, I smiled back at her and sat at my desk right beside hers.

A few minutes passed by when Mrs.Jae came into the classroom, I remembered why Mrs.Jae was here and because I have a debate with a transfer student from Apgujeong high school.

Ahnjong mouthed me good luck on my debate on my way out of the classroom.

As I entered the debate room I also saw some girls probably just to watch the debate and I took a seat in front of the girls.

"Okay, Y/n you will have a debate with a transferred student from Apgujeong high school" Mrs.Jae instructed the class

As I heard whispers behind me with girls chatting like there's no tomorrow

"Isn't Apgujeong the peasant school?"The girl behind me whispered to her seatmate.

"Yeah but I heard the transfer student is really handsome!"I scoffed at what she whispered.

Handsome my foot, Looks can't determine the true winner in this competition.

Then a Tall Handsome Boy walked in the debate room

As he bowed and greeted himself " Hello I'm Xu Minghao, Nice to meet you." As he took a seat beside me as he glanced at me, I was a bit shocked at how he looked at me. He didn't look like the competitive type.

"Let's start, Y/n opposing and Minghao you know."Mrs.Jae explained as I walked to the podium with Minghao

After the debate about global inflation, Mrs.Jae announced the winner, I was sure I am going to win I had better statements and wording.

"Okay, I know this debate isn't easy but Congratulations Minghao You won!"Mrs.Jae announced and she clapped proudly at Minghao and saw the girls fangirling over him. I just scoffed. How can This peasant boy beat me?! AS I know I'm angry at him I can't believe this boy beat me I CAN'T HELP BUT JUST HATE HIM!!

After school I waited for Ahnjong outside school and I saw Minghao outside waiting for someone or maybe a ride I don't know? Then Ahnjong came and asked "Heyy, Why are you staring at the handsome new boy?"

"I am not allowed too?"I asked her as she pouted like kid and said
"Well y/n you never look at someone like that" What how could she say that I stare at everyone like that and I defended myself
"Ahnjong, I stare at everyone like that and come on let's get in the car" We both went in the car and continued talking,
"The thing is, Y/n you stare at him differently like you like him"She said as raise her left eyebrow
"Ahnjong, I just met Him and no way I'm falling for him, I hate Him!"I raised my voice but I apologized for raising my voice and after our conversation the driver drove me home I bid goodbye to Ahnjong.

I went inside my house and immediately ran up the stairs to my room and I jumped on my bed and took off my blazer and necktie and I stared at the ceiling and thought of Minghao. Wait, why would I think about that penniless boy?! He can't be a distraction to my studies and I WONT forget this lost.

_______
This is the first chapter the only days I'm going to update is at weekends because I also have school work.