Chapter 8 (+18)

Warning! This chapter is going to be quite dark this time. Full disclosure, it will involve some spiciness, as well as torture and scarring for some people. So again, brace yourself for some of your favorites getting way more reality than they need.

Again...... you have been warned

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Downtown Vale

Once his shuttle landed at the Bullhead station to park and let him off, (Y/n) made his way through Vale with a look of indifference, silently visualizing how he would change things in the city.

Perhaps a vehicle factory here, a troop barracks there, maybe a statue of his new Crysalisk Grimm around those spots.

All spots he looked ripe for when he took this world by the throat for his own.

But that was for the future.

Right now, he needed to be focused on the present

The plan was in motion with the forces they had at Mount Glenn, now all he had to do on his part was wait for the action to start.

Since he would need to show some of his abilities personally to show the masses, he decided to be in Vale for the night and spend some time there.

Walking through the streets for a while, the warlock eventually found himself in the wealthier parts of the city, with some fancy buildings in view at his sides.

Deciding to rest around here for the night, (Y/n) walked towards the nearest hotel with some shining white and yellow decals to it.

Entering a fancy lobby, he walked up to the closest receptionist at the front desk.

Receptionist: "Hello, and welcome to Vale's very own Crystal Palace hotel. How may I help you?" The man said to him.

(Y/n): "I would like to spend a night here please." He spoke courteously.

The man nodded and started working on his request. Looking through the various selections, the warlock decided to spend money on the top floor for the main event.

After getting his key card and asking his way to the elevator, (Y/n) then walked to his assigned room at the end of the hallway to step into a nice-looking room with the typical setting of what one might expect in a hotel.

A large bed, a large TV in front of it on a dresser of sorts, a desk for laptop work with a lamp, and a bathroom door near the doorway to the hall.

Deciding this would work for now, he then started removing his armor since it was late afternoon, and he didn't really have anything else to do, trusting Captain Maldice to handle things until the main event.

(Y/n): "Ah, Maldice." He thought to himself. "Good thing I got through to him before he would've gotten himself killed in a suicidal battle for Palpatine."

And it was true indeed.

Captain Dalvin Maldice was now the first to officially become disillusioned with Palpatine's views of how the galaxy and Empire should be run, and now swore fealty to him and his future empire.

Maldice was the son of an influential family from the prestigious world of Anaxes itself, meaning he had the best education money could buy, taking his work seriously to show his right to his family title.

Upon the Clone Wars breaking out, Maldice immediately became a Colonel and led Republic forces with precise and calculating endeavor, making sure to use whatever resources were available, even cannibalizing power cells in bases and refugee centers to power weapons systems to hold off Separatist assaults, making him popular with the Senate but not so much with the Jedi.