☠︎︎ At My Window ☠︎︎

𐬼At My Window𐬺

𐬼At My Window𐬺

Matilda's POV               10th August, 1985

I sat on my bed, staring at a corner of my bedroom, more specifically, a corner with a little pink chair that currently had Eddie's bandana hung from the back of it... I caught myself doing that a lot, staring at it or holding it because all I could think about was Eddie and I's encounter in the woods seven days, one hour, five minutes and thirty-one seconds ago.

It scared me... how easily I opened up to him, how easily I broke... how I listened... how I believed him... how I wasn't... terrified of him now I knew there were worse things than Eddie Munson and the Hellfire Club.

My legs nervously bounced up and down as I thought about his advice, I fiddled with my long dark hair and realised I was face to face with my vanity desk across the room, I turned away and looked down... I couldn't even look at myself in the mirror or in any reflection because I reminded myself of my sister, being the spitting image of her with the long dark locks... I knew mom would hate me even more for changing it, making it lighter, but I wanted to. A need for a change.

I picked my head up, purposefully avoiding eye contact with my vanity desk - a place I hadn't sat at to do my make-up or hair for a month.

My boom box on the floor, cassettes everywhere and clothes hanging out of my draws - it had been a mess for a while... mom didn't know because I locked the door at all times and she hadn't bothered to pick at the lock because let's face it - she didn't want to see me. I was doing her a favor and she had become so hellbent on staying downstairs awaiting Rebecca's impossible return... they never found a body, but only a handful of teens, including me, knew why.

Knock!

My head swiftly turned towards the source of the noise and boom, my heart jolted and my body jumped at the sight of a shadowy figure at my window, an eye peeking through my curtains.

I steadily moved off of my bed and reached underneath it for my handmade catapult and stones... I had it there for protection because of what I'd seen at Starcourt, the curse of Hawkins, the visions I'd had recently that felt so real... it convinced me that it was still here in some sort of supernatural form, the Mind Flayer, "I hope you're ready for my wrath, asshole," I mutter under my breath as I place a stone into the pouch I made out of a little necklace bag.

I slowly reach for the curtain, my heartbeat gradually building up in pace as I squint my eyes shut and abruptly swing it open and aim the catapult, pulling the pouch back and opening my eyes... Eddie?! A completely soaked Eddie at my window.