PART 13: Heartbeat

───※ 𝙔𝙄𝙉 𝙋𝙊𝙑 ※───

After our workshop drama, Jack joined me in the studio corner where I sat to rest while he played with his phone. I kept staring at him for several minutes. Since I had seen War cried a few days ago, I had a lot of questions. Although I was aware that I didn't need to keep it in mind, my brain couldn't help but do so.

Yes, I had to admit that I had some worries about him. Being a human, I was understandably concerned when I saw him crying. It seemed as though I could feel his suffering. Maybe? Whatever, I didn't really know.

"Are you getting back with Prae?" I suddenly asked, making Jack raise his eyebrows as he looked at me confused.

"What do you ask?"

"Are you getting back with Prae?" I repeated my question.

"I'm not," he spoke just briefly in response and continued to stare at me strangely because I doubt I had ever asked him a question like that.

I sighed and corrected my body position to look at him more comfortably. "Then, why was she at the club that night?"

"The night you suddenly went missing?"

I nodded as a response.

"It's just a coincidence. She wanted to meet her friend."

'Why?" He asked.

I furrowed my brows in disapproval of his response. Since Jack was the one who asked to end their relationship, I wasn't sure if Prae and Jack really wanted to get back together, even though I know they hang out sometimes. There were a lot of possibilities. Maybe now, they were good friends? Because Prae also worked in the entertainment industry.

"You like her?"

Jack chuckled as I asked that. "Since when do you care about that?"

"Do you like her?" He asked me back teasingly and I smirked, then drank my water. I'm fully aware that I often flirted with a lot of women but I never once took my best friend's ex. No, thank you. Not my taste.

"And you? Are you close with War?" He inquired and I froze before breaking into a brief moment of silence with a slight smile on my lips.

The shorty.

After the night he cried in the club, I kept in touch with him every day as I usually messaged him citing my hospital appointment as an excuse but I truly had no idea why I felt the need to do so. Yes, I started the conversation and he merely responded to everything I asked in order to answer my silly query.

Probably because I felt pity towards him, right? He seemed to not have any other friends. And I felt guilty? Because I always see him like that? But why do I need to feel pity and guilt? Not that he needed sympathy.

Shit, this damn confused me.

"He's just my doctor," I answered while remembering the night War cried in my arm. I knew I should be more concerned about the reason why he was crying, which is because of my best friend but damn it, the shorty looked so beautiful while crying.

Should I go to the hospital and check what's wrong with my freaking mind? The shorty in mind almost every single day and even though I did the workshop with Third, I still kept thinking about him.