PART 38: Adoration

A FEW DAYS LATER

───※ 𝙒𝘼𝙍 𝙋𝙊𝙑 ※───

A person in seven months can make you feel what a person in 10 years couldn't. Time means nothing, character does. Yes, that's all I could deduce from the fact that I chose Yin over the person I once called "my sunshine."

Time is a fickle thing. You can stay with someone for years and never experience real love, yet all it takes is a few weeks with someone who changes your definition of happiness to fall deeply and madly in love with them. There is no set timetable for love. It wasn't love at first sight but it was deeper than that. A place to call home that I didn't even realize I was missing. The house had a beating heart. I'm forever thankful for the day me and Yin met, it was the beginning of us and we didn't even know.

You know what I admire?

The fact that Yin could take me as I am. He learned to deal with my bullshit. I know I'm a difficult person to deal with at times but yet, he kept saying he loves me. The fact that he accepts my flaws and insecurities makes me know that he truly adores me. There are times when my moodiness, bitchiness and grouchiness take over my demeanor but he has never let that affect our communication. He accepted me for who I am without judging me.

I love him. I really do.

While Yin took a shower, I walked around his bedroom, looking at his childhood's picture, the pictures while he won an award but surprisingly, I couldn't find a single photo of Third and him together. Being as how they are an "imaginary couple" who constantly seem to have to work together, I assumed there would be at least a few photos of them that he hung in his penthouse. I mean, I went to Third's house once and could see a lot of their pictures hanging in the living room, so I assumed Yin might do the same.

And then, I caught the sight of something on the bed, a small part of the object was covered by his jacket. I picked it up, looking at the box in my hand. My curiosity made me open and instantly, my eyes widened. It was a ring. A couple ring to be more accurate.

"Shit." I covered my mouth with my palm, looking closely at the ring and almost screamed like a crazy person. "Is that for me?" I asked myself and gave a glance to the bedroom, Yin was still in the shower, so I slowly took the ring out of the box and tried to wear it.

Oh my God, it fits me perfectly!!!! Will he propose to me by giving me this ring and asking me to be his boyfriend?! I threw myself on the bed and rolled over it, grinning wildly. I then lifted my hand and looked up to the beautiful ring. It also had an engraving 'YW' on it. So, it must be for me, right?! I'm not mistaken, did I?!

"I'm not going to be single anymore," I muttered while smiling from ear to ear and fiddling with the ring.

Right after I heard the shower stop, I immediately removed the ring and replaced it back, as if nothing had happened and I knew nothing. I patted my mouth a few times to cover my crazy smile.

Yin walked out of the bathroom and I froze when I saw him with only the towel. His back was to me while he was looking through his dresser. I leaned against the bed frame and just admired him. Urghh, I know that it wasn't the first time I watched him shirtless but oh God, he's really built like a Greek God. His back muscles flex with each moment. He has broad shoulders and dimples on his lower back. Could I run towards him and hug him right now?!

I didn't know that he turned around until I heard him clear his throat, making me immediately avert my gaze to another way with reddened cheeks. "I'm-I'm not looking at you," I said while pretending to be busy with my phone.

I heard him let out a lowly chuckle and he walked towards me. "I'm not saying anything," he responded and just before he took his jacket on the bed that covered the ring box, he stopped and gave me a glance, making me instantly act busy again.