PART 35: Wounding

───※ 𝙔𝙄𝙉 𝙋𝙊𝙑 ※───

While looking up tonight's dinner recipe online, I whistled happily to myself. Given that War spent four years living in France, he must miss eating their cuisine after spending a few months back in Thailand, thus I had prepared to cook French food for him.

I got in the kitchen and happily started following online recipes. War isn't the kind of person who hard to make him happy, so I am confident that even if my food turns out to be subpar, he will still enjoy and appreciate it.

8 pm. Done. When I finished setting the table, I double-checked my appearance in the mirror. Nothing was a letdown and I felt as perfect as ever. I smiled in the mirror and took out the custom made ring that I ordered specially for him.

I inhaled and exhaled a slow breath while looking at the ring before focusing on myself in the mirror. "I love you, War. Will you be my boyfriend?" I practiced my line but it ended up sounding so cliche. Urghhh, you need to be more romantic, Yin!!!!

I cleared my throat and lifted the ring, focusing on myself in the mirror again. "You're the only person I want, War. Will you please be my boyfriend?"

Urghhh, no. It was too common.

I cleared my throat, taking and exhaling a slow breath. "I really think we would make an amazing couple. Will you be my boyfriend, War Wanarat?"

Oh my Goddd, I was so freaking nervous!!!! I was so nervous I thought I was gonna throw up. I could feel sweat beading on my forehead, my heart pounded and my hand began to feel clammy against my bouncing knee. I began to pace back and forth, stomping my feet impatiently at each end of the living room.

"Calm down, Yin. Calm down," I reminded myself and patted my face a few times. "Whatever he says, it's okay. At least he knows you are really serious about him," I talked to myself.

When my nervousness calmed down a bit, I placed the ring back in my pocket and walked to the dining table. I took a seat there, waiting for War.

8.15 pm

8.30 pm

8.45 pm

While drumming my fingers on the table, I diligently checked the time. What's taking him so long? Does he have an urgent case that needs his attention? Because of my worry feelings, I decided to call him but he didn't pick up the phone, which just made my worries worse. I tried calling him multiple times but he never answered.

'Where are you, War? Are you still at work? I'm worried because you didn't pick up my call 🥺,' I sent a message to him and thank God, after a few minutes, he replied to it.

'On my way. Sorryyy.'

I smiled. 'It's okayyy. I'm just worried. Drive safe, shorty :p"

After that, I continued in waiting for him, kept repeating the phrase that made me nervous more than anything else, checked my appearance in the mirror and kept pacing back and forth in the living room after suddenly stopping my step as I remembered something. Oh damn it!!! I left the bouquet of roses I bought for him in my car. Stupid, Yin!!!

I looked at the clock. Without thinking too much, I immediately rushed to leave my penthouse and took the elevator to go to the ground floor.

━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━

"Will you be my boyfriend, War Wanarat?"

"Will you be my boyfriend, War Wanarat? I'm really in love with you," I kept repeating my line while I was in the elevator.