PART 33: Dubious

───※ 𝙒𝘼𝙍 𝙋𝙊𝙑 ※───

Nowadays, a day goes by in what feels like a blink. It seems like only yesterday that Yin and I were sitting down to enjoy a movie together but in reality, that night took place two weeks ago. Ugh, forget it, never mind!!! Yin promised me that he would send me to work this morning, so while I was getting dressed, I couldn't stop grinning and couldn't stop laughing either.

Being so happy could make people crazy, I guess? "Don't smile like crazy, War," I said to myself but after a second, my lips curved into a wide smile.

You're really crazy, War Wanarat!!!

After I had finished getting ready and was happy with how I looked, I stepped out of my house, expecting to see Yin standing in front of my house but instead, P'Jack was there which made my brow furrow. His face lit up with a broad grin at the sight of me.

"Good morning." With a hand in his pocket and a wide smile, P'Jack greeted me.

"Morning, phi."

"Are you coming to meet Yin?" I asked.

"Of course not. I want to see you," he said, a smile that never left his face.

"Me?" I pointed to myself and he nodded.

"It's been a long time since I sent you to work," he said while trying to take a bag in my hand. "So, let me-"

Instead of handing over my bag to him, I immediately put my arms around it, hugged my bag and gave him a smile that was a little too awkward. He also became motionless and raised his eyebrows with my move. "It's okay, phi. I already made a promise with Yin this morning."

"You also don't inform me of anything. I'm a bit surprised to see you suddenly here this morning, phi," I said with an awkward smile.

"Well..." He scratched his head. "I thought you liked it when I surprised you like this."

When the door to Yin's penthouse opened, Yin appeared startled to see that P'Jack was already there. After a brief gaze back and forth between them, the two of them turned to me, making the atmosphere immediately become awkward.

The place was engulfed in an enveloping hush as it plunged into complete silence.

"What...are you doing here?" Yin asked P'Jack.

"I want to send War to work."

Listening to P'Jack's response, Yin slowly turned his head to look at me once again but I simply shook my head at him, indicating that I was unaware as well that P'Jack wanted to come here. P'Jack hadn't even bothered to tell me anything and all of a sudden he was standing in front of my house, so of course I had no idea what was going on.

"We've already made plans this morning. Right, War?" Yin said, making P'Jack look at me and wait for my response.

Oh God...why suddenly P'Jack looked at me like that?! It seemed like there was sadness in his eyes and he wanted me to deny Yin's words. He had never looked at me in that way before since in the past, I was always thrilled whenever he unexpectedly came to visit me like this but those happy feelings changed to make room for something else in my life.

"Eer yes. Let's go, Yin."

"I may be late for work." With those words, I walked away with Yin.

━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━

Today, there were a lot of patients who needed my attention and I needed to take care of them. After taking a quick glance at my watch, I saw that it was already time for lunch, which prompted me to remove my white coat and head downstairs to the cafeteria.