PART 30: Bliss

───※ 𝙒𝘼𝙍 𝙋𝙊𝙑 ※───

Oh God...having spent a good amount of hours making our way down this hill, we finally made it to the bus that would take us back to Bangkok. Well, even though Yin kindly offered to carry my backpack for me, I still felt the lengthy walk's toll on my body, especially my leg.

"You got in first. I will put your backpack under the bus," Yin told me and I smiled while taking a step to get into the bus.

I took a seat and closed my eyes for a brief nap. A small smile formed on my lips as I recalled my time spent in the hill village for over a month. The entirety of what took place exceeded any and all of my expectations, yet, if there is one thing I know for certain that this is without a doubt one of the most wonderful moments that I will never, ever forget.

Happiness. Alive. Calmness. I felt all of that. Will I experience all of that when we arrive in Bangkok? I hope so. It's a miracle that Yin already resides on the same floor as me in the same building!!! Or what if actually...we really destiny to be together?! I let out a small laugh with my silly thoughts.

"Are you tired?" P'Jack's voice jolted me awake and I opened my eyes just in time, feeling him wipe my face with a tissue which made me back away a bit to stop his action.

"Not really," I replied and glanced at my surroundings as supposedly he sat in front but suddenly he came to the back seat, then sat beside me.

"Your face is so red. Let me—" He wanted to wipe my face again but I stopped his action by holding his wrist, along with an awkward smile because I wasn't used to his sudden change in behavior. I was aware that he was not the kind to initiate physical contact in public, claiming that he did not want people to misinterpret us and spread baseless rumors. That's what he'd usually or used to tell me but now that there were so many people around, he casually touched my face like it was nothing.

"It's okay, phi. I can do it," I replied and took the tissue from his hand, then wiped my face.

I could tell he had a thousand things to say from the way he stared at me but he said nothing. Something about the way he was staring at me made me think I had done something wrong. Possibly because of the way I've been acting? It wasn't that I didn't want to know but rather that I didn't want to care. Every time we tried to have a normal conversation, it escalated into a quarrel and I was always the one who got the short end of the stick. In the end, I had to do everything he said like I was his puppy and always follow whatever he said.

After keeping eye contact with me for a short while, P'Jack's eyes drifted to my nape and he abruptly lowered my collar, which I had been using to cover the hickey that Yin had made, causing me to become shocked by his unexpected touch.

"What is this?" He inquired, his tone rose slightly and he used his finger to force me to title my head, so he could clearly see the red mark on my nape.

"Phiii," I stressed out my voice and pushed his hand because of his rough touch.

"You know what this is. You're not a child," I grumbled.

Urghhh, he already knew it was a hickey because it was hella obvious, why bother asking? What a silly question to ask at that age. I could tell him that mosquitoes were to blame but he would know that I was lying.

A line appeared between his brows. "Are you crazy, War? What the fuck are you doing?" He asked me while furrowing.

His question made my forehead crease. "What? Is it weird for me to have this?" I asked him back while pointing to my neck.