Giving Chase

Overhead

In the early morning of the day were two friends sparring in one of the training rooms.

"I swear it feels like no matter what I do you are just too hard to get. How do you do it Ya?"

On the ground stood, rather layed Shen not really injured but exhausted. His reflection of his sweat made him a knock-off flashlight, so bright that Ya had to throw his shirt over him.

"I feel like there are a lot of things, the main thing is that you have the same problem as Lin. Your attacks are very telegraphed, it's almost as if I was reading you like a book. The only reason that your attacks don't hit but Lin's does is because she makes up for that by just being fast, she is naturally gifted physically." Ya explained as she stretched out her legs.

Shen could only grumble that while he doesn't like Lin, borderline hates her. Her body is just above his naturally. Shen knowing this only pissed him off more.

"I hate complaining since it gets me not where but it's not fair, why does someone so, so inferating like Lin get to be gifted like that?" Shen said as he roughed up his hair.

Ya walked toward him and reached her hand out. "I understand how you feel but it is what it is, there is no changing what's fact."

"I know." Shen said as he accepted Ya's hand.

"Do you want to go for another round?" Ya asked as she got into her fighting stance ready to go.

Shen looked towards the clock and realized the time. "While I love the energy, use it for the run." Shen said as he pointed his thumb towards the clock.

Shen and Ya made their way to where their platoon normally starts their run. To neither of their surprises the other cadets and platoon leader were already outside early. The platoon leader saw them and walked towards them.

"Cadet Wang and Cadet Du glad you two are here. I doubt the situation has changed but have either of you seen Cadet Hermes?" The leader asked.

Neither Shen nor Ya answered which caused the platoon leader's expression to sour.

The leader pinched the bridge of his nose. "How am I not surprised? She always cuts it close."

With a minute left before we started the run a woman in uniform walked towards the group. Her hair being unkempt and bags under her eyes explained everything that was needed.

"I'm not even going to waste my breath on her." The platoon leader said as he walked to the front. "Ok everyone, time to run, remember to run with a group. Time starts now!"

The platoon were off to the races with Lin running slightly behind the leader, Ya and Shen were behind them with everyone else behind them, but not too far behind.

After the warmup run and breakfast Shen, Ya and Lin went towards the sparring room where they met the Sergeant.

"Wonder what we are doing this time?" Shen asked as he rubbed his legs. "Last time he just made us run, even made me keep with you two which I swear should have killed me."

"Seems like a you problem, just don't be slow." Lin said.

"Jump off a cliff." He replied.

Ya could only sigh as the daily back and forth starts, this time however it happened a little earlier than before.

As if the world understood that Ya didn't want to deal with them, the door opened to the person they were waiting for.

"Morning Cadets, today is going to be a special day for you all. As you know we are currently near a nomic city, one of the many upsides to Yan's use of nomantic boot camps. Opportunities everywhere, and today is that day." The Sergeant said as he sat down in his favorite chair.