Apotheosis

The soft tapping of metal brought peace to Apollo's ears as he made his way to Kaltsit's office. The gray floor was soft to his eyes as dashes of orange along the walls and the blue hue of the various monitors displaying a map of the current floor gave Apollo a nostalgic feeling. The familiar layout made him think back to his early days in Chaldea, back before any of the other members of Team A were found. He could effortlessly look out the window to see the all white land of the arctic, miles and miles away from civilization. That sight made him feel as if all the struggles were gone, like he was in an alien world.

It wasn't long before he found himself in front of the office he needed to be, as in his mind he had an important matter to discuss. Without caring to knock he opened the door to see a few people. Ignoring the various books shelfs containing files and actual books, Amiya was sitting at her desk relaxing as she drank from her pure white cup that had a bunny stick on it. Near the back of the room lies the person he was looking for.

"Oh, hi Mr. Apollo. What brings you here tonight?" Amiya said as she placed her cup down and greeted him with a friendly expression that could make many people's hearts melt.

Apollo returned a friendly expression as he walked Amiya's desk. "I'm here to see the Boss Cat about something, I have something important to discuss with her and potentially you too depending on how things go." He said as he took out a sucker and offered it to her.

Amiya accepted the treat that Apollo became known for among the younger operators.

As Kaltsit locks eyes with Apollo who was leaning on Amiya's desk like she owned the place causing Kaltsit to internally grown although she maintains a straight face. "What can I do for you Apollo?" As she said in a deadpan expression.

"I just needed to talk to you about the results of the mission. Are you free right now or are you gonna be a workaholic?" Apollo asked as he ate another sucker.

"I can spare some time for you, what do you need?"

Apollo turns around to look at Amiya before returning his gaze to Kaltsit.

"The young one had a talk with me and she wants to be my apprentice, I'm assuming she means in a more direct way beyond a student." Apollo explained, this time his jokative attitude was replaced with a more serious tone of voice.

The shift of Apollo's voice and expression caught Kaltsit and Amiya off guard, especially Kaltsit. After all his jokative expression never left his voice even when she threatened him with Monst3r, his smile and personality didn't change.

"And you wish to confirm with me if you can do it? As long as yo-"

"I'm not gonna teach her, at least not yet." He said with no room for negotiation.

Kaltsit eyes narrowed while Amiya slightly opened her mouth in surprise.

"I thought you wanted to teach her and the other magecraft, why the change in heart. You mentioned that Marth is talented in the field."

"She is talented, that's why I'm not going to take her yet." Apollo takes out his sucker, walks and stops in the room where he can see both Kaltsit and Amiya as if he is about to say a speech. "Magecraft in my eyes is a useful thing but it also tends to consume those who study it, I'm not different. Magecraft has exposed me to the darkness back home, both human and non human. I don't wish that for Marth or the others."

Kaltist closed her eyes and leaned back, releasing a sigh. "So what do you need from us? From my perspective you're denying Marth so nothing is changing from how things are now."

"True, Marth and the others will learn magecraft as normal, you have my course. I will have to update it as all of them are quickly understanding the material much quicker than I thought."Apollo explained. "Suzuran is learning summoning which would be good for her supporting nature, that girl is too pure for this world. Vigna is learning to enhance her body, I'm planning to teach her some ranged options so she is more well rounded. Angelina is also learning summoning but for the movement of cargo which fits her job well, in combination with her levitation arts things will move smoothly with her.