Chapter 8(M)

not edited~

Jayda

The next few weeks flew by as fall started to settle in the city. The weather was more cool but not too cold yet and the colorful leaves made their appearance as soon as the weather hit below sixty-five degrees. The night her parent came home from their anniversary vacation changed the family dynamics. Her father started staying at work later than usual, honestly Jayda barely saw him. Her mom seemed more sad but she would instantly perk when her daughters came around.

Jayda noticed her parents newfound behavior a week after their arrival back and Grace wasn't oblivious. Ariana never came home that next weekend as the two girls living in the house talked to her about the thick tension in the household, she had decided to wait until it blew over but it never did.

Jayda has many distractions as cheerleading has made her life very busy and made her think about home life a little less with practices every day since basketball season was coming up in a couple of weeks, Adriana had the team working hard for spots on the bleachers during the game.

Jayda walked down the hall way to first period swiftly trying to beat the late bell with her black Ugg's making soft sounds as she was the only person in the halls. This time she was late because she woke up a whole hour later than usual and Grace was banging on her door for 15 minutes straight trying to wake her up.

She made to class with five minutes to spare, Mikaela was already seated waiting for her best friend to arrive. Mikaela blonde hair was pulled up in a loose ponytail and her outfit consisted of black as usual.

"Late once again" Mikaela stated eying Jayda with her bright blue eyes as her friend laid her Louis Vuitton purse on the floor and pulled out her notebook. Students were still coming in as Mrs.Stanly had yet to arrive to the classroom.

Jayda playfully rolled eyes as she got her pencil pouch out, "Maybe if y'all arrived on time to do the project then we wouldn't have stayed up past midnight"

The group project was due soon and they had just started on it and since everyone was busy with extracurricular activities they all had to meet up late at the public library to discuss the project in depth.

"Anyways, we still meeting up at your place after practice? Mikaela asked as she texted on her phone not looking up.

Jayda hummed as she thought about it because her whole family situation made her want to get away from home but since she would be distracted then it shouldn't be a problem.

"Yeah, that's cool but I have to ask my mom first" Jayda said as she looked around wondering where the rest of the group was.