Chapter 9

not edited~

Jayda

Adriana had called Fallon apologizing for not taking her home, which Fallon wasn't too upset about it because Jayda was there to take her home. Although she didn't give a reason to why she ditched Fallon making Jayda and Fallon wonder why she just left like that. Jayda had a gut feeling what it was after seeing her eye Lelia like that but Fallon was dumbfounded and figured it was some shady shit towards her.

Jayda had already dropped off Fallon at her grandparents house which was on the other side of town and she was on the way to her house since they had to work on the group project. Mikaela was already there at her house since her mom let her in.

She pulled into the long driveway and saw Mikaela's black Jeep Wrangler in her spot making Jayda shake her head as she grabbed her bags walked into the house after locking her doors. She dropped her cheer bag in the foyer before walking in the kitchen area. Jayda could hear Mikaela and her mom talking.

"My baby is home" Rosanna says as she sees her daughter walk into the kitchen. Mikaela was sitting in a bar stool snacking on plantains of course, she always asked Rosanna to make them when she would come over.

Jayda gives her mom a quick kiss on the cheek and walks over to Mikaela taking a piece of her food as she took a seat beside her.

"Okay girls, I'm going to prep a nice snack for y'all to eat while you all finish your school project" Rosanna said as Jayda smiled at her moms never ending kindness.

"Can you please make that creamy spinach dip?" Jayda asked her mom nicely.

Rosanna nodded her head as she walked over to the fridge trying to make sure she had the ingredients. Her phone buzzed on the counter as a notification popped up.

Dwayne
Staying late for work.

Rosanna sighed as she read the text from her husband. He sent that every evening so far since coming back from their anniversary getaway but she didn't mind the time away from him and the problems that came with him. She just hated the tension that came at the table around dinner time with her daughters, they didn't know what was going between them. Obviously they knew something was up.

"Hey mom, will dad be home for dinner? Jayda asked as Rosanna turned around to face her.

Rosanna shook her head, "He said he's working a double shift at the hospital tonight" Jayda nodded her head trying to hide her face of disappointment. They haven't had dinner as a family in a while.