Chapter 5

Warning: Sexual situations, use of n-word, drinking and smoking, some stereotypes, and cursing.

Jayda

The day moved fast as sixth period came and went and cheer tryouts were only an hour away. Jayda sat on the bench in the locker with her AirPods in drowning out the chattering and laughter of the other candidates. Jayda was already dressed in the required attire that consisted of black Lululemon shorts and a white dry fitted shirt.

Her anxiety has not bothered her much until this moment as soon as she stepped in the gym the nervous bubbled up with each step and the sound of the basketball balls hitting the squeaky gym floors made it worse. Jayda could feel her breathing become irregular as she thought about tryouts.

Jayda jumped slightly as she felt someone tap her shoulder. She turned around and saw a smiling Minji with her now short hair pulled into a ponytail with her bangs across her pale forehead.

Minji sat beside Jayda while placing her black duffle bag beside her, "I didn't mean to scare you but is it okay for me sit? I-I'm so rude not to ask first because I'm already sitting" Minji rambled with a nervous look on her face.

Jayda chuckled, "You don't have to ask, and you're always welcome to sit with me" She said smiling at the young girl.

Minji heard that Jayda was snobby and thought she was "better than everybody". She heard some of the upperclassman talking about the girl, but she figured that it was just gossip especially after Jayda was so kind to her.

Minji returned the smile as she tugged on her white shirt. It was habit for her to pick at something when her nerves got bad. The sound of chattering died down as Adriana stepped foot in the locker room with small pieces of paper in her hand. Adriana had her tied up a ponytail with her curly hair wild with a the school Panther's t-shirt on and black fitted spandex shorts.

"I have the numbers that you will need to pin to the bottom of your shirt" Adriana announced while handing out specific number to each girl. She gave a wink to Jayda when she passed her a certain number.

Jayda looked the number eight that was drawn on the small white piece of paper. She smiled as that was her lucky number.

"Each group will consist of three girls and also don't forget to show spirit when running out in the court" Adriana said. "Please get into your groups and then move into the hallway outside of the gym but also good luck ladies"

Adriana walks over to Jayda and gives her a hug before she walks out of the locker room . Suki rolled her eyes at the two hugging since she knew Jayda would make the team easily because her best friend is the captain.