the day before (23)

[back to kayla's parents house, it was night time]

kayla's parents were sitting with bokuto and kuroo

"so..how did u meet my daughter?" kayla's dad asked kuroo.
"oh, it was actually pretty funny. my friend, bokuto hit a ball on her head on accident." he chuckled.
"HAHAAH!" kayla's old man laughed. "that's really funny."
bokuto was extremely anxious and looks paranoid asf.

"what's going on with u, bokuto?" her dad asked.
"n-nothing...." he replied.
"hmm, where's ana? is she at work?" father asked.
bokuto aruptly stood up, "NO SHES IN TROUBLE!—"
kuroo covered his mouth and sit him down. "ana's at home. she's just tired..."
"oh....okay." the dad nodded.

kayla's mom come in. "which one of u is kayla's boyfriend?" with the fried rice.
"me." kuroo joked.
"i thought it was tsuki." marissa came in.

"tsuki? the tall one with the glasses?" kayla's dad questioned me. "i think i like that one better hahaah he seems smart!" he joked.
"ahaha.." kuroo laughed awkwardly. "yeah..i think she likes him more than me..."

[meanwhile....]

tsuki and kayla were outside thinking while looking at the night sky.

"do u think they'll actually send a message?" Kayla sighed

"don't worry, i know they will. we have blackmail." tsuki reassured her.
"tsuki, i'm sorry for dragging you into this." she apologized.
"for the motorcycle? no, it's okay. not that big of a deal."
"no, i mean everything. because you're with us all the time, a lot of bad shit happened and u even got hurt cus of us. i feel so bad." she frowns.
"kayla. it's not your fault. it's lisa's. and..i couldve abandoned u guys if i wanted to. i'm not involved in all this but..." he sighed. "i hate that i have to worry about you."
"tsuki?"
"i don't think i can sleep well tonight if i don't know you're okay." he said. "it's so annoying but i feel relieved that you're here."

(////) kayla blushed, "well shucks, tsuki..i don't know what to say."
"hey." tsuki became serious. "do you like kuroo?"
kayla eyes WIDENED, "ougmm...as a friend yeah..."
"i don't think so. you guys seem...DIFFERENT with each other."
"well, it's bc we've been friends for a while. it's natural." she said. "w-why do u wanna know?"