🎞Chapter 37🎞

"Did you need something?" Izana asked as Hiromi stood in front of him.

"Here." Hiromi held her hand out.

Izana blinked and took the items into his palms, staring at them incredulously.

"The earrings that your grandma gave you...? Why? Aren't these so you could avoid being ignorant to your family's curse?" Izana questioned.

"Yeah. But, I want you to have them. There's a gut feeling I've had for a while, and I can't help but feel that something is going to change. I want you to protect Y/n, so keep these." Hiromi smiled.

"Okay..." Izana slowly nodded, his eyes looking at the earrings on his palm.

"I have to pierce my ears now." He deadpanned.

"Don't worry! I'll pay!" Hiromi smiled.

-----

~July 30th~

"I'm gonna drop by Shinichiro-kun's place." Haruchiyo said.

He stood in front of Baji as the rain poured down at them, but luckily, they were shielded by their umbrellas.

"Hm? What's up, Haruchiyo?" Baji questioned, confused by the sudden claim.

"I'm just a little worried." Haruchiyo said.

Baji nodded and Haruchiyo turned, walking down the lonely sidewalk. As he walked alongside a body of water, he noticed something.

"Hm?" He looked up.

The sight of a familiar man standing on the railing of the bridge caused him to gasp. He threw his umbrella and ran in the man's direction.

"Shinichiro-kun?! What the hell are you doing?!" He exclaimed.

Shinichiro looked over at him and muttered, "Haruchiyo."

Then he looked back down and said, "This muddy stream...I'll die for sure."

"What are you talking nonsense for?! Get down from there!" Haruchiyo yelled.

"Today is the day of Manjiro's accident." Shinichiro said as Haruchiyo looked at him with wide eyes.

"I want to go back to that day!" He smiled and tilted his head up.

His eyes were completely white and tears streamed down his face, although a bit concealed from the rain that poured down on him.

"NO, YOU CAN'T!" Haruchiyo yelled, running forward.

The man didn't say anything and fell forward.

"SHINICHIRO-KUN!" Haruchiyo cried out.

Shinichiro fell into the water and sank with an unbothered expression.

'Finally...I can be at ease.'

Suddenly, a sort of electricity-like feeling coursed through his body as his eyes shot open.

-----

"Hm?" Izana blinked, feeling a tingling sensation.

"Hmm...Looks like something did happen." Hiromi smiled, feeling her vision slowly change.

"Huh? What do you mean? What's happening?" Izana asked.

"Izana. Remember to take care of Y/n." Hiromi smiled.

Izana only stared in confusion at the girl whose hair blew to the side from the wind, slightly concealing the soft expression on her face as she stood with her hands folded in front of her.