⚙️Chapter 38⚙️

"That's about as much as Shin told me. He protected an unknown boy with the power of time. Y/n confirmed that it was you when I told her and she claimed to have remembered the day it happened." Wakasa said.

"I guess it's just cause and effect." Mikey said.

'We're connected. Me too, a long time ago. And Hina, and Kisaki...We met Shinichiro-kun. That day was the beginning of my story.' Takemichi thought.

-----

~Flashback: August 13, 2003~

Walking down the familiar path that led under a bridge, Shinichiro narrowed his eyes before stopping, staring at a spot in silence.

'I went looking for the old man, but he was nowhere to be found.'

Shinichiro shrugged it off and left, deciding to go to his bike shop. When he arrived, he furrowed his brows upon spotting a taped area on the window of the door, and it was cracked open enough for someone to stick their hand in to unlock the door.

"Hm?" He squinted his eyes.

As he slowly entered, he grabbed a wrench that sat on a table and upon hearing some chattering and clinking sounds, he followed the noise. Then, he spotted a black-clothed figure, bringing a frown onto his face.

"Hey! What the hell...? A robber?" He glared, catching the attention of the stranger who froze.

As the stranger turned, Shinichiro furrowed his brows slightly and spoke, "Huh? Keisuke?"

Shinichiro became confused as Baji suddenly gasped and yelled, "STOP, KAZUTORA!"

Shinichiro turned his head to look behind him and he could only see a boy raising pliers, not having the time to move as he was struck on the head, causing him to collapse onto the floor as a puddle of blood formed beneath him.

"BE CURSED! BE CURSED!"

Shinichiro's eyes became dull as he stared forward before looking up at the boy who had sealed his fate.

"It wasn't me! I didn't kill him! It's all Mikey's fault." Kazutora muttered, wearing a huge grin as tears pricked the corners of his eyes.

While he convinced himself that he hadn't done anything, it's as if a darkness surrounded him, causing his insane reaction.

'Karma...?' Shinichiro thought before his eyes closed and everything went silent.

-----

~End of Flashback~

"A couple of days after you gained that ability, Shinichiro died." Mikey said as many of the others listened with wide eyes.

Y/n blinked in surprise upon spotting Smiley who wore the same expression as his brother, his eyes also being open. Never had she seen his eyes as he did keep them closed, so it made sense. But she couldn't get distracted now, so she looked back at Takemichi and Mikey.

"The curse Shinichiro created by killing the time leaper...that is what my dark impulses are. It affected everyone around him. The same was probably true for Kazutora back then. The karma that I've carried." Mikey said.

"Then...You too, Y/n...?" Takemichi questioned as he looked at the girl.

Y/n was silent and Izana stared at her with an unreadable expression before looking at Takemichi.

"No. Shinichiro had little to no connection to Y/n's dark impulses." Izana said, stepping over to them.

"Huh? What are you talking about? Then, what's the reason and why? How did it all start?" Takemichi furrowed his brows.