⚙️Chapter 42⚙️

"Y/n." Takemichi said.

"Yeah?" Y/n questioned, staring ahead with a dazed expression.

"What are you doing?" Takemichi cocked his head to the side, sweat dropping.

"I could've sworn I saw a familiar face. But...who was it...?" Y/n slightly scrunched her face.

"Hm? Really? Where did they go?" Takemichi asked, curiously looking in the direction she stared at.

"They were there." Y/n pointed to a swing. "But now they're gone. I'm pretty sure they had blonde hair." She added.

"Blonde hair...Was it Chifuyu?" Takemichi spoke.

"Hmmm...Nah. It didn't look like him. The person was prettier than him." Y/n shook her head.

"Emma-chan?"

"Nope. She told me that she was busy helping her gramps. It can't be her."

"Draken-kun?"

"I don't think so."

"Hmmm..." Takemichi tapped his chin. "What about Inupi-kun?"

"Ah! I think it was! Wait..." Y/n squinted her eyes.

"Did Seishu have long hair when he was a kid? The person I saw did." She looked at Takemichi.

"I don't know." Takemichi said.

"Maybe...it was his sister? Her name was Akane, I think." Y/n said.

"Maybe. Let's go check it out. Inupi-kun might be around. Maybe Koko-kun too." Takemichi ran ahead, Y/n following.

A few minutes later, they stopped as they spotted a trio sitting on a curb with popsicles in their hands.

"That's them!" Takemichi shook Y/n.

"What do we do now?!" Y/n harshly whispered.

"I don't know..." Takemichi looked at the sky, rubbing his chin.

"Ugh...I give up already. I don't know how you did it." Y/n groaned as her shoulders slumped.

"C'mon, Y/n. We can't give up now!" Takemichi slapped her back.

"How are we supposed to become their friends? It'd be weird if we approached them out of nowhere. They might even grow a dislike towards us." Y/n said.

"Hmmm..." Takemichi sat on the curb.

Y/n eyes narrowed as she felt eyes burning holes I to her and as she looked up, her eyes widened to see an object flying in her and Takemichi's direction. She quickly grabbed the boy's arm and pushed him away, ignoring a newfound pain striking her arm.

"What the-?! Y/n!" Takemichi gasped as he got a clear look at her.

"Who the hell threw that?" Y/n clicked her tongue, staring at the knife on the floor before looking in the direction it came from.

Much to her dismay, she saw no one.

"Y/n, you're bleeding...!" Takemichi panicked, staring at the visible cut on her arm as blood stained the fabric of her shirt and fell on the concrete.

"Don't worry. 'S fine. It doesn't hurt too much." Y/n bit the inside of her mouth. "What about you? You're not hurt, right?"

"I'm fine!" Takemichi assured her.

"That's good." Y/n said.

"Oh gosh! Are you okay?!" A voice was heard as quick footsteps approached the duo.

Y/n, and Takemichi, looked up to see a blonde girl approaching, two boys following behind her.

"I'm okay. Been through worse honestly..." y/n mumbled out the last part.