⌛️Chapter 51⌛️

Y/n let out a deep breath as she faced the mirror, her eyes surveying her body. She wore red tobi trousers, a black belt snug around her waist that went through the loops on the pants, ensuring that they wouldn't slip. On top of her black tank top, Y/n wore a red coat on her shoulders, black letters embroidered on the back and on the sleeves.

"This is it...The day I finally get rid of that man is here..." Y/n muttered, her eyes blank as she stared at her reflection.

The sound of ringing was heard and she turned to see her phone on her desk, an incoming call displaced on the screen. She walked over and stared at the contact.

Hiromi.

Deciding not to answer the call, Y/n switched her phone to silent before placing it in her drawer and then leaving the room. The only sound throughout the house was that of her footsteps. Kurai was gone for a lecture and Homura was working.

After putting on her shoes, Y/n exited the house, walking over to her motorbike that stood idly on the pavement of the driveway. Before she could start it though, she heard a call of her name.

Turning her head, there she saw Takemichi and Mikey running towards her.

"Y/n!" Takemichi gasped, perking up at the sight of her.

The two now stood in front of the girl, Takemichi working on regaining his breath as Mikey silently stared at Y/n.

"So...You're finally doing it today, huh." Mikey said, breaking the momentary silence.

"Yeah." Y/n slowly nodded. "I'm heading over right now."

"Y/n...Please. Please don't do this by yourself." Takemichi said.

"I'm not. I have a bunch of other guys heading there." Y/n grinned with slight amusement.

"That's not what I mean!" Takemichi huffed. "What I mean is that you shouldn't take up the burden of fixing everything by yourself. We can help you. All you need to do is let us and tell us."

"Don't worry. This ain't a burden at all. It's my duty. I have to take down Mukon for the best. I appreciate your offer, but you've helped enough. The both of you have. So sit back and relax until I'm done." Y/n said, patting their shoulders

"It feels like we've been doing that this whole time! I mean, you're the one who was actually able to befriend nearly everyone we listed. You're the one who took up the responsibility of saving them countless times, disregarding your own safety. You helped the Shiba siblings, Inui siblings, Koko, Izana, Kisaki, Hina, and us!" Mikey listed.

"Can't we just help you with this one thing?" Takemichi sighed.

"Nope." Y/n said, making the pair whine.

"Y/n!"

"I've told you countless times. Everything will be fine. I'm doing this for you guys and the others. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to get going." Y/n said, starting the engine.

"Fine." Takemichi exhaled.

"You better not die. I'll resurrect you and kill you myself." Mikey glared.

"Yeah, yeah." Y/n jokingly scoffed.

And with that, the pair watched as Y/n drove off into the distance, the feeling of not being able to reach her slowly sinking in their minds. This really was the end, huh? The battle would decide everything, whether proving that everything worked out for the best or everything was all for naught.

–––––

"You're finally here, huh." Tanaka sighed, his eyes focused on Y/n who stopped right beside him.