Big Chief

We're going to my house now to get drinks after the game.

"Man, we toasted those guys." Bertram says, walking in the door.

"They didn't even have a chance."

"Didn't even have a chance." Tommy repeats his brother.

"Anybody want a drink?" I ask, heading to the kitchen and they all say yes. "Then come get one. No way I'm bringing all of you drinks."

We all shuffle into the kitchen and grab sodas or waters. Since there are only four seats at the island, most of us ended up sitting on the counter.

"We should do something. You know, to celebrate." Smalls says.

"What'd you have in mind?" Squints asks him.

"I don't know. I've only lived here for 2 months."

The rest of us pause for a mintue, trying to think of something specical to do.

"I got it!" Ham says and we all turn our attention to him. "The carnival's in town this week. We could go after we all eat dinner."

We all like the idea and decide to meet back up at my house after we're done with dinner.

After everybody clears out and heads home, I change while Benny waits in the living room for me. Then we go over to his place for dinner.

"Hey, how'd the game go?!" Jen asks us when we walk in.

"We won! Plus Lily did this cool slide thing she's never done before." Benny says answering for the both of us.

"Awsome! You'll have to show me some time." She says directing her attention to me.

"I would if I knew how to do it."

"What do you mean?"

"I did it but I don't know how I did it. I have to figure out the whole 'know how to do it on command' part." I respond pouting.

"Then let me know when you do. As for dinner, I don't wanna cook so lets just order some pizza, yeah?" she says getting out her phone.

"Yesssss..." I say with my eyes closed.

Don't get me wrong, I love Jen's food. But the pizza place we always order from, Paranormal, never fails.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After dinner, Benny went to go get changed for the carnival and me and Jen are sitting on the couch, talking til he's ready.

"You know, the carnival, it's a really romantic place. Lights... milkshakes with 2 straws... anything can happen..." She says poking at a certain subject.

"If you're trying to plant some thought in my head, don't worry. It's already there. I'm just not doing anything about it yet." I told her.

"Why not?" she groans.

"I'm not ready for a romantic relationship. If I tried to do something now, I'd be so freaked out I'd never get around to actually doing it."

"Well just because you're not gonna try something, doesn't mean he won't. I can tell how much he wants something to happen. If you don't, there's a good chance he will." she says litteraly right before he walked out of his room.

"You ready to go?" he asks me walking into the living room.

"Yeah. We can go." I respond standing up.

What Jen said struck me weird. He might already be ready for a relationship.

"Hey, Benny?" I ask him. I really don't want to but I should know.