06 (edited)

They stood there for a while as the knocking continued. "Steven Grant, can we have a word?" A woman said.

"See? Oh, God, they've come for me." Steven panicked as he stumbled to the door.

"Why is that?" Carlos asked looking at Steven.

"I vandalized the toilet." He mumbled.

"Oh cool- wait what?!" Carlos didn't realise what Steven said completely. Why would he vandalise a toilet. Who does that.

The knocking continued and Layla snuck to the window climbing out of it as Steven opened the door.

"Yeah, one second. Hello, officers." Steven said peaking his head out the door slightly.

"Steven Grant?" One of the officers said.

"I think so, yeah. I mean, yep, yes. That's me, 100% Steven Grant. Sorry, I was just havin' a bit of a day." Steven stuttered as Carlos turned the shower on and got in making it look like he's been in the shower for ages. But maybe he should have took his clothes off first.

"Mind if we come in, Mr. Grant?" A male officer asked as Steven turned his head hearing the shower.

"Oh, um, actually, right now isn't... Appreciate it." Steven stuttered but the officers barged in.

"Anyone else here with you?" The male officer asked.

"Uh, here with me? just me and my fish and my ummm..." he stuttered, "their  in the shower I can see if their finished"

"Yeah." The female officer spoke as Steven went to the bathroom and closing the door behind him. The bathroom luckily the bathroom was steamy and he couldn't see anything.

"Steven?" Carlos asked.

"It's just me..yeah.." Steven said softly turning away to face to door, "officers are here and you had the shower on...I ummm don't know what to do.."

"you can look not Steven I'm covered by soaked clothes" Carlos told him, "can I borrow a some of your clothes?" He asked.

"Yeah sure" Steven went to his room quickly grabbing dry clothes going back to him and giving it to him the leaving the bathroom.

"So, um... Yeah. Is this about the toilet? 'Cause it's been dealt with. Yeah. I've been sacked." Steven asked the officers who were looking around his apartment and soon after Carlos walked out the bathroom drying his hair with Steven's clothes on.

Carlos smiled wearing the clothes it smelled like Jake slightly but it also didn't but he was still happy.

"What's this?" The officer asked as she picked up the ankle restraints.

"I have a sleeping disorder" Steven mumbled.

"What's this?" The male officer asked holding a small paper weight of a Egyptian pyramid.

"It's a paperweight." Steven replied with as Carlos walked up to him.

"Where'd you get it?" He asked.

"Paperweight shop." Steven replied with

"You're in possession of a stolen item." The female officer spoke to him.

"Oh. Yeah, I... No. I don't have it. I don't. No, it's not here." Steven stuttered as Carlos nudged him in his side to shut him up before he says something he didn't want to say.

" 'Marc Spector'?" The female officer read of a passport.

"That's not mine." Steven mumbled

"Funny that. Fella looks just like you. Fake passport and a thief." The male no officer said getting up into Steven's face. Carlos wanted to do something but he couldn't.

"Tsk, tsk. I think you best come with us, son and your boyfriend" the female officer said. As they cuffed both Steven and Carlos taking them down to the car.

***

Steven moved uncomfortably with his hands cuffed behind his back. He tried to move arching his back slightly, whined. Carlos looked at Steven.

"Steven what are you doing?" Carlos asked as he tried to get the cuffs off.

"I'm-" Steven started before he was cut off.

"Wow. Lookie, lookie. Guess what we've got here, Billy." The female officer said, who was sat in the passenger seat.

"Go on, tell me." The male officer said as he focused on the road.

"We've only got ourselves a full-blown, international fugitive." The female exclaimed.

"It's not... It's a mistake. It's not me." Steven stuttered in shock.

"It's alright Steven" Carlos stuttered.

"Marc Spector was part of a team of mercenaries that hit a dig site in Egypt. Here's what they did to the archaeologists. Zip-tied and shot in the back of the head, execution-style." The female officer read.

"That's dark, man." The male officer sighed.

"No, no, no. I didn't do that. That's not me." Steven stuttered.

"Of course you didn't, Steven." The female officer mumbled sarcastically as the car came to a stop outside a street.

"I thought we were going to the police station." Steven spoke softly.

"Now, why would you think that?" The male officer asked.

"¡Porque sois policías, gilipollas!(because your police asshole!)" Carlos spat at them.

"Sit tight, yeah?" The officer spoke as the got out the car.