¡Flash back! (Edited)

****

The house burned. The 7th May. His birthday. The smell of burning wood everywhere. The screams as the two girls burned. A young boy around 10 sat next to the gasoline bottle, his eyes filled with tears and he looked up to the lion headed god.

"It's all for the best my child. You were too attached to them to complete tasks but remember it was the guy with the scales that started this! You finish it! He started this child!" The god explained to the kid as he turned to the burning house.

The young boy sniffled, "lo siento, déjame vivir, debemos morir, volar con alas de luz al cielo(I'm sorry, let me live, we must die, fly with wings of light to the sky)"

"Come now child, must we have to do before your ready for your revenge" Maahes told him and he stood up looking at the burning house wiping his eyes dry following the god.

The young child trained day after day sometimes even nights, convinced this was all for revenge.

Cuts. Bruises. Breaks. He trained no matter what. Rain. Snow. Hail. Maahes made him train over and over so he would become his "perfect" little soldier.

Over time the young boys expression changed from sad and upset to no expression at all. He grew up not feeling anything at all. Nothing.

"Now Carlos you will soon be ready but first I want you to meet my old amigo khonshu and his avatar Marc Spector." Maahes introduced as khonshu and Marc walked up to him.

Carlos put down his bow and arrows and walked up to the god. "Hola, nice to meet you" he spoke mumbling slightly he looked at Marc. It's been a while since he met someone.

"Khonshu what are we doing here?" Marc asked khonshu looking at him.

"You two will work together to get me- I mean us the scarab." Khonshu explained to Marc. The truth was khonshu wanted the scarab for himself the same with Maahes.

Marc nodded in response and went over to Carlos who sat in front of a willow tree that stood where the house was and he placed three different flowers down; roses for his younger sister, daisies for his older sister, and tulips for his father.

Carlos sat next to the tree, almost hugging it. "Lo siento" he repeated in mumbles his eyes watering. Marc stood in the distance watching, he didn't know what was going on.

"Por favor perdóname si puedo ser perdonada(Please forgive me if I can be forgiven)" Carlos whispered as he got up about to walk away, but noticing Marc in the distance.

Carlos panicked, stumbling into a run but Marc followed. Carlos tripped over, cutting his cheek on a rock and he groaned.

Marc stood at the side of him. "Why did you run? Are you scared?" Marc asked looking down to Carlos.

Carlos stayed silent just looking at Marc. "Silent treatment huh?" Marc asked.

Carlos slowly got up. "S-sorry sorry...I-it's just n-not important" Carlos stuttered before heading back to the god who was shouting his name.

***