Chapter 4

I walked out of the kitchen when I saw Joey staring at me.

"Um... hi."

"So how was your tacos? It looks like you had a good time." I looked down at my shirt. it was covered with tacos.

"Shut up." I laughed.

I ran to my room to get changed. when I came out Joey was playing a game with Stacy. the doorbell rang. "I'll get it!" I ran over to the door and saw Rose.

"Oh, it's you." I have something to say to your "father". go get him."

"Don't tell me what to do. I'm not going to get him. and if you don't leave I'll sic Wolf on you."

"How about we make an offer. you go get Joey and I won't punch you. oops to late." she punched me hard and I fell on the ground. she came over to me and began to kick me in the belly. she kicked me one last time until I blacked out.

*
*
*

When I opened my eyes I could only see light. I herd noises. they became clear.

"She is very lucky to survive that. if she took any more damage she would have been killed."

"Ok, what about Joey?"

Then my vision became clear. I wanted to know about Joey.

"What....what abo...about Joey?" They both looked at me shocked. it was a doctor and one of the ladies from the adoption center.

"Joey. he also got hurt."

"And Rose?"

"She bolted before the police could get there on time. Do you want to go see joey."

"Yes."

They walked me to his room. his face was swollen and he had a couple bruises on his arms and legs.

"Joey. I'm sorry this is my fault." I rN over to him.

"Winter, nothing is your fault."

"Yes it is I let her in."

"Winter. I have to tell you something, I can't take care of you anymore. my wounds are to bad."

"No. stop. its not true."

"Winter,"

I ran out of his room and went to my room. when I got there the lady was waiting for me.

"Are you ready to go miss. Malaski?"

"Yes." I got my things from joeys house and went back to the adoption center. when I got there I saw all the familiar faces. Except Kiel. I knew he wouldn't come back. I wish he would.

*
*
*

I grabbed my tray of food and walked over to my old loser table. There was no one there as usual. I sat down looking for Silvia. I didn't see her. someone tapped my shoulder. when I looked back I saw her.

"What are you doing in my seat?"

Sorry for the short chapter
-pikachu loves you