Chapter 9: Close

Cheol had freaked out as soon as he saw Mi-ae in his room, yelling about how she didn't have any reason to come to his house. Once he was done freaking out Cheol sat down on his bed and narrowed his eyes at Mi-ae. He questioned about why she had come to his house. Mi-ae explained about the homework and the boy groaned.

"If I had just yelled you the answer, would I be alone right now?" Mi-ae shrugged, "Possibly." He sighed and flopped backwards. Mi-ae looked at her feet, shuffling them slightly. She didn't even need much help, she just wanted to get out of her house. 

With yet another sigh Cheol offered for Mi-ae to take a seat somewhere. Mi-ae gladly took up the offer. At least he was letting her stay! She hadn't even imagined he'd let her. She originally thought that he would at least let her stay in the house, if even that.

She plopped down on the floor and heavily dropped her books next to her. Not wanting Cheol to kick her out, she immediately got to work. 

This shocked Cheol of course, Mi-ae, normally one to blab away sat completely silent and focused. It kind of... creeped Cheol out. She was never that silent. Cheol felt like he should start a conversation but didn't know where to begin. 

He should actually. Start a conversation that is. Mi-ae was finally quiet and Cheol should be relieved, right? So why wasn't he? The familiarity of Mi-ae yelling not being there made the room feel empty.

"Mi-ae-" "Wait! Don't say anything! I promise I'll work quietly, just let me stay!" Cheol jolted back when Mi-ae shoved her face closer to his, eyes pleading. She was begging to stay with her eyes and Cheol... He wanted to give in. 

He wasn't even going to kick her out though...? 

Cheol huffed under his breath and stood up. Mi-ae quickly followed him "Please, I swear I won't-" She tripped. Mi-ae tripped over her textbook and slammed into Cheol. 

~Hehe

I hope everyone enjoyed this chapter,

We'll have even more cuteness next chapter ❤ ~