✧ 01 | Seeker of Romance

"You're not forgetting anything are you?" Mrs. Weasley stares at Ron and his belongings. The bustling sounds of Hogwarts students and the engine of a train fills the busy train station in London. Ron groans as he feels his mother adjust his loose tie. "It's your last year at Hogwarts. Oh how does the time fly." Mrs. Weasley frowns as tears brim her eyes.

"Good job Ron. Now you've made mother cry." Fred jokes as George also chimes in with a witty comment. "Ginny, keep an eye on Ron for us." Ginny rolls her eyes playfully as she gives her mother a quick kiss on the cheek. The redheaded girl hurries off to board the Hogwarts Express after saying her goodbyes. 

"You two have no room to talk. Shouldn't you be off to your shop?" Ron grumbles as he wipes his mothers tears away. The twins wave off Ron's retort with big smiles. "And miss this moment? Not a chance. Enjoy your last year Ron. Don't drop out like us." George gives Ron a firm squeeze on his left shoulder. 

Mrs. Weasley gives Ron a quick kiss on his cheek before he's pushed away by his twin brothers. He slurs out a goodbye before boarding on the Hogwarts Express. After a peaceful summer, Ron finds himself back on the train to head to Hogwarts. He's still in disbelief how quickly time has past. Not too long ago Ron was with Harry, Hermione, and Y/N fighting off Dementors. Voldemort's strength has been growing stronger over the years. 

Will he even be able to enjoy his last year in Hogwarts? There's not an off chance he can have a slow school year, will he? Ron anticipates on being nominated as head boy of Gryffindor. Nothing will make him more prouder. That's a lie. Ron will be much more prouder if he manages to find love. He has such bad luck with romance and girls. 

"Ron! How was your summer?" A girl's voice rings loudly behind him, sending shivers down his spine. Ron turns around to see a pale girl with long golden brown curly hair. Lavender Brown is a lively girl and very keen to her emotions. 

The redhead gulps as he forces on a smile at the sight of Lavender. It's obvious the girl has grown smitten over him. But Ron hardly sees Lavender in the same light. Maybe her boldness deters him away. "My summer vacation went well." Ron mutters out a reply, his right hand running through his hair out of awkwardness. 

Ron believes it does not matter what his answer to Lavender's question may be. The girl will eat up anything he says. There's a sparkle in her eyes at the sheer fact he spoke to her. Her cheeks a shade of rosy pink as she's smiling from ear to ear. "I look forward to spending this last year with you Ron!" Lavender exclaims as she hovers in front of Ron.

Ron's eyes widen when he notices their close proximity. His mind goes into a whirlwind. "Maybe we can--". Lavender's words are cut off when a hand is raised between their lips. Both Lavender and Ron avert their gazes over to the person in question. 

"Sorry to intrude what looks like an intimate conversation but there's something important I have to discuss with Ron." The person who rescues Ron from Lavender is no other than Y/N Y/L/N. Y/N Y/L/N, Ron's closest friend. A childhood friend in fact. Ron feels relieved from seeing her as his shoulders relax.

Lavender on the other hand scrunches her face in displeasure. "Y/N!" The girl groans out Y/N's name with disgust. "I swear you've been sorted into the wrong house. Ravenclaw? More like Slytherin." Lavender scoffs out as she turns her heel and walks down the opposite side of the train. 

You remain quiet and only lower your hand when Lavender disappears. Your eyes then narrow on Ron who wears a lopsided grin. "Thanks Y/N. I didn't expect to be bombarded by Lavender Brown so quickly. I at least believed she would talk to me when we arrive at Hogwarts." Ron speaks up when it's just the two of you now. 

Exhaling, you shake your head at Ron. "You don't have to be nice to her, you know? You're leading her on." You glare directly into Ron's blue eyes. But you don't hold your expression for long when Ron presses his pointer finger between your knitted brows. His low chuckle washes away the annoyance that had it's hold on you the moment you laid eyes on the two earlier.