Epilogue

Taraxacum officinale, a flowering herbaceous perennial plant in the family Asteraceae is a really interesting species. The yellow flower heads that turn into round balls of many silver-tufted fruits that disperse in the wind, has many medicinal benefits that Jake had to memorize in order to pass his botany class in eleventh grade. To him, this dainty looking plant with yellow-white flowers is nothing but another chapter in his science book.

And that was until Park Sunghoon, the wannabe local botanist, told him about the secret this flower holds. Taraxacum officinale, or Dandelions as most of you might call this plant, has flowers that can fulfill a wish for you.

"Legend says that", Sunghoon plucked a mature flower and showed it to Jake, "if you can blow all the seeds off a dandelion in a single breath, then the person you love will love you back."

Jake would laugh at the stupidity of his friend. True love has nothing to do with some random flower.

"Yeah, right" he laughed and patted his friend's shoulder. "And roses can cure cancer"

"Come on" Sunghoon whined. "I'm serious. And roses can cure cancer if only we asked the flower fairies nicely"

Yes, he believed in fairies, especially flower fairies and water fairies and fire fairies which according to Jake were just Fireflies.

"You are 16 Hoon. Don't tell me you still believe in mermaids and fairies" Jake sighed.

"Just because I'm 16 doesn't mean I have to stop believing in magic." He smiled.

"Of course" Jake scoffed. He has known Sunghoon since they were 12 and after four years of friendship, he was aware that his beloved friend here grew up believing that Mer-people were real.

"Just look at this guy" Sunghoon extended his arm and leveled the dandelion in front of Jake. "It looks magical"

Jake looked at him and saw a soft smile on his lips. Sunghoon, wearing their school uniform that was stained with mud and his untidy hair looked extra charming to Jake at that instant.

"Don't you think so?" Sunghoon said and Jake blinked his eyes. He had zoned out.

"I-i am not sure" he cleared his voice.

"Watch this" Sunghoon took a deep breath and blew on the dandelion which in an instant broke into tiny feather like seeds, and scattered in the air.

"Wow" Jake gasped.

"I wish that we remain each other's favourite person forever and ever" Sunghoon closed his eyes and said out loud, earning a chuckle from Jake.

Twenty-two years of friendship and ten years of being in love with each other later, Jake can assure you, that magic does happen if you ask the flower fairies nicely.

.
.
.
.
THE END