Life At The Lair

In New York

Mikey and Tasneem were done with another birthday party and drove towards the lair. "Another party down for the day." Tasneem said to Mikey while looking at their book that holds the party dates for kids. "Yes, finally I can watch tv." Mikey said to her making Tasneem laugh a little. Mikey drove into an alley and a wall with graffiti art that he and Tasneem did on the wall. Tasneem pressed a button that deflated the Cowabunga Carl then she press another button to open the secret entrance. Mikey parked the car and the wall closed while Tasneem and Mikey exited the car and they two go through a manhole that goes into the sewers. Tasneem lands in the sewers while Mikey lands on his skateboard. "Why skate a halfpipe when you can skate a sewer pipe?" Mikey said as Tasneem takes out her skateboard and the two ride their skateboards back home. The two grind against a pipe and slide down another before the two begin grinding down the rail of some stairs. The two then jumped over a large chasm and landed on the other side. "Yeah!" Mikey yelled as they went down more stairs before landing. Then the two skateboarded on their stomachs as they entered a small tunnel. Tasneem puts her hands out and caught herself right before she can Mikey crash into a giant fan. "Phew." Tasneem said as Mikey gets up. "Going down." Mikey said as the two dropped down and they landed outside a brick wall.  Mikey pulled on a pipe lever and the two walked into the lair. Mikey threw his board to the side and rolled down the banister to the stairs. "Here's Mikey." Mikey said as Tasneem walks down the stairs. "Guys?" Tasneem calls out no one answers her. "Anyone? Hello?" Mikey calls out as Tasneem walks over to Mikey. "Whatever. This place used to be fun." Mikey said as he climb a large step and sat on the couch with Tasneem joining him. Tasneem turns on the tv while Mikey was about to fall asleep.

And with rocketing interest rates, that's bad news for homeowners....as the real-estate market continues its downward spiral. 

The newsman said as Mikey yawned then he leans his head on Tasneem's shoulder as the news turns on.

Coming up, the vigilante known as Nightwatcher strikes again.

The newsman said making Mikey open his eyes. 

Now, I can't say for sure, but he was definitely an alien.

I think it's a disgrace, taking the law into your own hands like that. Leave it to the police.

People commented on the tv while Mikey points at the tv. "I remember how that used to feel, busting up crime syndicates." Mikey said as he makes some punching motions. "Sure, they had a bunch of guns." Mikey said as he jumps onto the couch while Cheyenne and Donnie walk into the room. "But they weren't like these guns." Mikey said as Donnie sips his drink while Cheyenne sighed. "Why do you do this to yourself, Mikey?" Donnie asks his brother. "Those glory days are over. Forget about them." Cheyenne said to him as she walks over to the table. "Get on with your life. Concentrate on your work." Donnie said to him as he walks over to Cheyenne and joins her at the table to work on an invention. 

"Yeah, yeah. Spoken like a true has-been." The four hear a voice making them look up at the balcony to see Raph and Jamey. "Well, look who woke up." Cheyenne said to herself. "I suppose you two think the Nightwatcher is some kind of hero." Donnie said to them making Raph and Jamey jump down to them. "Beats sitting around doing nothing while dirtbags run free." Jamey said to him while Raph crushed a can. "I would love to know what it is that you two do that's so great." Donnie said to them making Cheyenne look at Donnie. "Donnie." Cheyenne said to him while Raph walks over to the other side of the table. "We're contributing around here. All you guys do is sleep." Donnie said to them. "Yeah, we do nothing. You're right. You got us all figured out." Raph said while pointing his finger at Donnie. "Well, we know that your guys' attitude has been a source of contention for this team. You guys think fear is the best way to accomplish things but you are wrong." Cheyenne said to the two. "First of all, this team you speak of doesn't exist anymore." Jamey said to Cheyenne who looks at her sister. "And second of all..." Raph said then he suddenly whirled around raising his first scaring Donnie and Cheyenne. "Raphael." The group hears a female voice from the shadows. Everyone turns to see Jesse walking into the room with Master Splinter. "Enough." Splinter said to him making Raph back away from Donnie and Cheyenne. "I think I made my point." Raph said to him making Donnie roll his eyes as Raph walks away. "That doesn't prove anything." Donnie said to him as the group watched as Jamey and Raph jump against a wall and flip over the safety rails on the second level. "Why couldn't you send him away for training?" Donnie asks Splinter making Cheyenne flip Donnie's goggles down on his face. "Donatello, this home has become like an empty shell. Each of your brothers has strengths and weaknesses. You must learn to be strong when they are weak. If you don't learn to recognize this...then all hope is lost for our family." Splinter said to him and he sighed while Jesse looks down.

Jamey follows Raph to his room until she grabs onto Raph's arm. "What is it, babe?" Raph asks her while turning to Jamey. "Have you apologized?" Jamey asks him. "What?" Raph said to her making Jamey give him a look. "You know what I am talking about, have you apologized to Jesse." Jamey said to him. "No." Raph said to her. "Raph..." Jamey said to him making Raph cut her off. "I won't back down from what I said to her because I was right." Raph said to her making Jamey roll her eyes. "You are such a hothead." Jamey said to him and she walks away from him.