Come back!

I watch as he's lowered into the ground. The box disappearing into a hole in the ground, his lifeless body inside. I stand at the foot of the grave alone as I look down at my brothers grave. "Daniel James Howell" engraved on the box.

"you promised me Dan. You promised you'd never leave me and now you've broken that promise twice!" I cry

Suddenly my heels sink into the ground and my knees cave as I collapse to my knees.

"come back!" I cry "Dan, come back. Please, don't leave me. I need you, I love you" I sob

Dan: "Grace, we're home" he says, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I throw my arms around his neck, the thoughts becoming too much. I'm suddenly caught off guard as he picks me up like a child and carries me to the door and up the stairs. I bury my face in the crook of his neck, not wanting to see anything but him. I hear the flat door open and close and i wrap my arms a little tighter. I hear footsteps moving quickly towards us, running.

Phil: "omg where the f..." he shouts "what happened?" I hear the tone in his voice change completely

Dan: "I'll explain later, we're both fine" he says quietly as he begins walking again

I head a door open and close then I'm being put down to lay down, I grab Dans shirt pulling him with me, not ready to let go of him incase I lose him.

Dan: "shh, it's okay I'm here" he smiles

Grace: "I don't want to lose you Dan, I can't lose you" I whisper

Dan: "Come, let's get into bed so I can calm you down like I used too" he mumbles, moving to stand up "I'm not going anywhere"

I follow his actions as he pulls back the covers of his bed and we both get in. He moves his arm giving me access to his chest, instantly I rest my head on his chest. His heart beat reassuring me this is real, he really is ok. His fingers tangle in my hair and smooth it out, playing with my hair just like he used too. I close my eyes and listen to his heart quietly beating in sync with my own. Slowly the thoughts begin to fade away and they're replaced with happy memories and a perfect future.