Goodbye My Love

Josh’s POV

I can’t believe this… Why. Why!? Why can’t I be happy without it crumbling down?! This isn’t fair! I was so happy! Jatson held me as I cried. They were holding his funeral. It’s been a week… it hasn’t gotten easier. It never will. Jatson cut off from me when we found the body. He just stood there as I tried to bring him back. Why didn’t it work?

“Today we put a wonderful person to rest. He touched everyone he came in contact with. His mother would like to say a few words about him.” the pastor said.

She walked up and started to sprout some nonsense about how she loved him so much. I wanted to punch her face off. That woman stood by while her husband broke her son’s pride! She can’t stand there and tell me she cared! Tell everybody she cared! I wanted to walk up to the podium and scream at her! At all of them! Jatson and I were the only ones who cared! I felt Jatson’s arms fall from my body. I looked back and saw he was crying.

“Josh… I can’t do this! I can’t be without him! You remind me every day of what I lost! I just can’t do this anymore!” he cried.

I stared at him for a second. What the hell is happening?!

“I’m sorry Josh I just can’t do this!”

He ran from me. Everyone was looking. My life has just fallen apart in a week. I walked back to the casket where he was laying. He looked so peaceful. His body dressed in a suit. Doesn’t look right on him. He would look better in his skinny jeans and a gray v-neck. I reached my hand into the casket. His face is cold.

“Kaden, could you wake up? Jatson left, I need you.” I cried.

He didn’t move. He never will. Not again. I wanted to go with him but Jatson stopped me. Maybe now I can go to since he doesn’t want me. I felt a hand on mine and looked up. It was Gabe. He was saying something but I couldn’t hear it. I’ve gone numb.

“Kaden…” I whispered as Gabe pulled me away.

I guess everybody left already. They’re starting to lower the coffin. My Kaden is really gone…

Jatson’s POV

I saw Kaden in the coffin. My mind just flashed back and forth between now and when we found him… I shouldn’t have left! I should have just stayed home with Kaden. I knew something was wrong when he kissed me. How long he lingered with his slim arms around me. Like he would never see me again. How he told me to tell Josh how much he loved him. It’s my fault! My baby is dead because I couldn’t take care of him.  

Josh is just standing there. He’s broken and I can’t heal him. He’s better off without me… I wrapped my arms around Josh’s body as he cried. He looked back and saw me cry too.

“Josh… I can’t do this! I can’t be without him! You remind me every day of what I lost! I just can’t do this anymore!” I cried.

I wasn’t the best way to deal with it but I can’t tell him. I ran. I ran away from my problems. I ran away from my boyfriend. My life is falling around me. Crumbling into the abyss of darkness. Where’s the shining light that will save me?! I stopped running in front of a coffee shop.

I walked in quietly and ordered a drink. I don’t know what kind. I told the girl to pick for me. She wrote her number on the cup. She probably thought I was flirting with hr. I’m not even sure what this is. It’s very sweet though… gross.

Author’s Note: I’m sorry this is so short! I wanted to drag this out because there only one more chapter! My baby is going to end! Thank you for all reading you make my day every time I look at the thing that tells me how many reads I got. I know I’ve been really slow with this but I have been very very busy. I’ve had projects and work and just ugh not fun. I’m very sorry about how short this is and how long I’ve been putting this off. Vote comment and fan because it makes my day be so much more happy!