Riku's POV

Kaden looked through my bag… he found the condoms and lube inside. His face was shocked when he pulled it out. It was kinda cute in a way. How his cheeks lit up with a bright pink blush when he saw them. I don’t think we’re gonna have sex tonight but it doesn’t hurt to be prepared. I made a sound to get him away from the stuff and it worked. He stuffed the stuff back into the bag and came over to me.

I like the way he melds to my body perfectly. His arms around my waist making me feel like I’m the most important person in his world. Like he will never let me go. He radiates heat into my back like a sauna. He’s perfect… but he has changed a lot.

What if he finds someone else at school who’s better than me. What if he changes and doesn’t love me like before. It’s so scary to be here like this with him. I haven’t seen him in 5 years. People don’t just stay the same for 5 years! What if he is really a total douche bag and he’s just acting like this because he wants to get into my pants? Of course he wouldn’t have blushed when he pulled the items out if that was true.

I feel his lips kiss my neck then I hear him whisper something.

“I love you so much Josh…”

My heart stopped. He really just said that… He does love me a lot doesn’t he? It’s funny how my mind can be changed like that when a second ago I was so scared. He really is perfect. I moved closer to the heat and snuggled into him more. I let out a small mew and relaxed.

His arms wrapped tighter around me and sighed. I want to turn around and kiss him but at the same time I don’t want it to end. I feel so safe around him. I heard what sounded like a door open from downstairs and felt Kaden unwrap his arms from me. I whimpered and he whispered, “I’ll be back in a minute baby.”

He left and I sat up. I guess I should look around the room. The bed is kinda half inside the wall. The room is painted in a light yellow. There’s a desk and closet. There are a lot of dirty clothes all over the floor. He a bit of a slob I guess. There’s some posters of my poems that he’s blown up. On the desk I can see all the pictures we ever took together on it. Under it are the recordings of me singing.

I heard someone walking up the stairs so I lay back down in the same position I was in. Kaden walked in and looked at me. I opened my eyes making him think I was asleep. I looked at him and smiled. “Kaden where’d you go?” I asked still being sleepy. “I went to go talk to my mom baby.” He said coming over to me. I held out my arms and waited for him to hug me.

He came over to me and picked me up bridal style. I smiled and rested my head on his shoulder. He walked around the room gently rocking me, like a baby. “You just want me to fall asleep again don’t you.” I said sleepily. It’s sad to admit that this rocking is really making me fall asleep. He looked down, “No baby I just love to treat you like some fragile like china doll. I never want you to break.” I smiled and relaxed a little more.  Before I knew it I was actually falling asleep.